Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past 6 games the Pistons are 5-1. During this stretch they've beaten Atlanta, Milwaukee, and Miami. And across those six games Austin Daye has got his first extended burn of the season. And he has contributed. He rebounds. Or he scores. Maybe not in the same night - but he contributes. And what he has done has given us a glimpse of the fact that he may very well be an NBA caliber player. Over the past year I've railed both here and on the comments of PistonPowered that he's not worth an NBA roster spot. Period. Glad to see him proving me wrong - if he's capable of banging with NBA players, getting rebounds, and shooting at a high clip he absolutely should be on a roster somewhere. And I was entirely wrong.

·
#1 Detroit & Wolverines Fan
108 Posts
While I'm happy Daye has finally begun to play well, I just have the feeling this is all for a contract extension and once he gets it he will slide back down to where he was before. I'd love to be wrong, but how many times have we seen similar situations?

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
While I'm happy Daye has finally begun to play well, I just have the feeling this is all for a contract extension and once he gets it he will slide back down to where he was before. I'd love to be wrong, but how many times have we seen similar situations?
Spoken like a true Jerome James fan.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daye has 16 and 4 at the half against ATL. Here's the thing about his recent performance - regardless of the "why" I had thought previously that he was completely incapable of being an NBA rotation player. Even if it is for a contract it is proving me wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
#1 Detroit & Wolverines Fan
108 Posts
Daye has 16 and 4 at the half against ATL. Here's the thing about his recent performance - regardless of the "why" I had thought previously that he was completely incapable of being an NBA rotation player. Even if it is for a contract it is proving me wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App
I hear ya and can't say I didn't feel the same way at times. I guess we will just have to see going forward. I am sure diggin' this nice streak we're on though!

Spoken like a true Jerome James fan.
Lol absolutely spot on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts