Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Austin Rivers agrees to two-year, $6.4 million deal with Clippers

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  RollWithEm 
#1 ·

#4 ·
This type of stuff happens all the time at my company, but I didn't expect it to happen in the NBA.

#6 ·
Rivers was fine off the bench for the Clippers and was their third-best guard in the playoffs, when Jamal Crawford fell off the face of the earth. It's probably a little rich for him, but the Clippers also don't really have a viable means to replace him, giving his agent a ton of leverage (to say nothing, of course, with his agent negotiating with Austin's dad over what Austin should make). Nothing to see here.

#8 ·
So now that the band is basically back together... did the Clippers improve this offseason or just get crazier?

PG Chris Paul/Austin Rivers
SG J.J. Redick/Lance Stephenson/Jamal Crawford (presumably)
SF Paul Pierce/Wesley Johnson/Jordan Hamilton
PF Blake Griffin/Josh Smith
C DeAndre Jordan/Cole Aldrich

They still need to add a 3rd PG and some big depth. I just smell another first or second round exit for this team. They'll probably come into the playoff somewhere between the 3rd and 6th seeds. That means they're likely playing either OKC, Memphis, San Antonio, or Houston in the first round. If they can manage to beat any of those teams (which I'm not sure they can), is there really any chance they would beat another one of those teams or even the Warriors in Round 2? Not bloody likely.

#11 ·
I hadn't really sat back and started thinking about compiled rosters until today. Just trying to wrap my head around the new landscape.

#9 ·
Still really like the Pierce addition, especially for them. But I doubt the moves they made will be enough as you said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.