Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Class of 2011 guard. Son of Doc rivers. I saw him play against wheeler. He scored 46. He's committed to Florida. He's a legit 6'3. He has a solid stroke and deceptive athletic ability. I personally think he's the best player in the class of 2011. Ive seen wroten and Laquinton ross play. And i think he's better than those 2.

I dont know how to embed the vid. So if any mod can embed it. It will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
Re: Austin Rivers

[*youtube]LkQVPT0nAmE[*/youtube]

is the code to embed youtube videos (without the asterisks)

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts

2010-2011 Possible Florida backcourt

Kenny Boynton/Nick Calathes/Brandon Knight/Erving Walker

2011-2012 Possible Florida backcourt

Boynton/Knight/Walker/Austin Rivers

If Billy D can keep these kids in school they could have a dynamite backcourt for the next few years.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Idk how Billy would make that work. I would loce to see a Brandon Knight and Austin Rivers backcourt.

Bball i know you've seen him play what do you think of him? I know a few people in FL feel he's a superior prospect to Boynton and Knight.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts

I love his game. He is an outstanding shooter first off. What makes him so special though is his ability to create his own shot. If he can grow 2-3 more inches I think he is going to be better than Calathes, Knight, and Boynton. As is he is probably further along than both Boynton and Knight at the same stage (sophomore year for each). I'm not quite sure how I would rank him among the entire 2011 class because I haven't gotten a chance to see a ton of kids from that class just yet but he is definitely a top of the line prospect. If he can continue to progress and grow some more he is going to be an outstanding player on the college and NBA levels.

·
Premium Member
10,865 Posts

Yeah, Rivers may even be better than Knight & Boynton which is scary to even think of... I think Knight may be a little better passer, Rivers a little better shooter/scorer? Idk, it's hard to complain with either one tho. Both have good size and quickness to go with a good shot. Good athletic ability. It would be hard to pick just one.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Re: Austin Rivers (Florida 2010)

Anyone catch him and Brandon Knight the other night? Those two young men can score the basketball.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I watched the game. His first step and ability to finish at the line has definetly improved. His jumper is nice. The form is different. But it works for the kid. His jab steps are so quick. Kid is definetly talented.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts

Anyone catch him and Brandon Knight the other night? Those two young men can score the basketball.

Yeah that was a hell of a game. Knight needs some teammates, though. His team was awful.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts

Ya Knight seemed like he had to do everything for them, he is the better player of the 2 right now, but Im not sure the age difference because even in a year players makes some big strides at that age

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He had a game last friday...against St.Pats put up 38 points. Kid is looking like a one and done. He has a wonderful offensive repertoire.

·
Premium Member
100,006 Posts
Might want to change the thread title as he's going to Duke, not Florida. I've only got to see him once, can't wait to get a better look at his game.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Admittedly, he's a quick mfker. His crossover is just nasty.

But can he play PG? That and will his tool personality overshadow his game? I hear his dook teammates don't even like him already. Those are my two biggest questions. He has the talent.

·
51,450 Posts
He is a less athletic OJ Mayo with weird shooting mechanics.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
His career depends on how he matures physically. I'm not hugely impressed at this point. I think he was hyped too much to be sure. He could be a very good player.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
When he has his mind made up to get to the rim, he seems to have no problem doing so. Still not too impressed with his point skills, dude's a scorer.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts