Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293428-wwe-news-aw-released-from-wwe-rants-on-twitter

In somewhat surprising news, it was announced on Friday that Abraham Washington, the brash mouthpiece for tag team the Prime Time Players, has been released from the company with immediate effect (h/t Wrestlinginc.com)

"I've offended the wrong people that taught me how to have ATTITUDE It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me," he tweeted.

"Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don't try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn't the same."

Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!

I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RememberTheFans."

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Wow this is like 2 weeks after the fact isnt it? And the dude is a idiot im betting this firing was more to just save face while Kobe was representing his country and if he wouldnt have gone on a Rant on twitter he probably would have been back in 2 months

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hate to pull the race card on this..but I will never back down from my stance that WWE is a racist company.. How many inappropriate things has Lawler said over the years?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I hate to pull the race card on this..but I will never back down from my stance that WWE is a racist company.. How many inappropriate things has Lawler said over the years?
Sakamoto should have changed his name to Sum Ting Wong, tbh

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Wrestler reaction to A.W.’s firing by WWE on Friday for what a company spokesman said was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a rape joke on the July 30 episode of Raw is said to be as negative to any termination in a long time.

Upon learning of the news, A.W. posted a barrage of Twitter messages roasting the sports-entertainment organization for what he perceives are double standards, such as Big Show making a similar remark referencing NBA player Kobe Bryant’s sexual assault case years ago and Vince McMahon reneging WWE’s anti-bullying campaign on Raw weeks ago by ridiculing Jim Ross’ affliction with Bell’s palsy. Though it would appear that he is squashing any chance of a return to the organization with each scathing tweet, Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer sees things otherwise.

He posted on the F4WOnline.com message board, “The more he says, the better his chances of being brought back in a while.

“Vince has no respect for people he bullies and don’t fight back.

“He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but he’s playing it smart in the long run.”
Like i said if he would have shut up on Twitter he probably would be back in a month or 2

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
- Former WWE star Abraham Washington has taken to Twitter once again, attacking the company for his release, and making a case why it is not fair. Here is what he had to say…

"If I smoked crack or did steroids I'd get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and I get fired. #Doesn'tAddUp #Hmmmmm."

"They didn't do shit to Randy Orton when he called Kelly Kelly a slut, you see the double standard? **** politics. #AWForLife."

"Im a HUGE Cena fan, but Cena made fat jokes w/ King, genitalia jokes n homo jokes. Orton bashes K2, Vince mocks JR! #****UWWE"

"so stealing a car, having a yng girl trying to **** 3 guys at once and not to mntion the Tensai thing is ok, but no jokes? #BS"
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...Anti-WWE-Twitter-Rant.htm#uW8LtHXHoFR0TQ32.99
It weird but WWE does seems to have a hair trigger when it comes to Black Superstars

Washington continued to fire away, noting that Vince McMahon can make fun of Jim Ross and that it is considered quality entertainment. He posted an image (which you can see here) and the following…

"So Vince can continually bash @JRsBBQ by teasing his ball palsy but yet your comments where deemed worse? Be a star my ass."

"VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE "N" WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN'T TELL A JOKE.............whats wrong with this picture???" (Link to Segment )

He has also attacked WWE for Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist, being in their Hall of Fame.

"You said one Kobe Bryant rape joke and you got fired. Isn't Mike Tyson a convicted rapist? Yet he is in the HoF. Hypocrisy."

Finally, he has set up a new Twitter account under his real name (BJRated), and posted the following…

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to my ****ing non PG world!!! Where all bets are off and I tell it like it is. **** the Bull Shit, I'm legit!"

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I really think if this didnt happen while Kobe was representing USA AW wouldnt have been fired

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293428-wwe-news-aw-released-from-wwe-rants-on-twitter

In somewhat surprising news, it was announced on Friday that Abraham Washington, the brash mouthpiece for tag team the Prime Time Players, has been released from the company with immediate effect (h/t Wrestlinginc.com)
Should have been fired during the "Abraham Washington Show" with Tony Atlas laughing like an idiot.

If AW was funny, it might have gone differently. He got a big head over that "cross the border" joke on the PPV - the one time he said anything besides "Hey tag in Darren! Millions of dollas!" - and decided to up to ante.

That's what happens when you put a live mic on someone who not only doesn't have experience with one but isn't remotely clever to boot.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
I heard that people found this guy very annoying backstage back when he was doing the Abraham Washington show. Apparently his character and the person he is in real life weren't very far off, in fact they were very similar.

Glad he's gone. He was annoying as hell and it sounds like he was nothing more than an annoying prick backstage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts