Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that all the rumors have quited down in the last several days, especially with the Wednesday deadline to get the roster up to 12 players coming up.

Will they Blazers make a 1 for 2 type of trade before Wednesday in order to get the roster to the minimum of 12 players, or will they sign a CBA/NBDL player? The trades that actually do come to fruition are mostly the ones we never hear about. It's awfully quiet...Could there be something in the works? I'm sure Nash is feverishly working the phones to try and get a deal done before Wednesday, and if not, he will have to sign some NBA retread or CBA/NBDL player.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
well, not to give anyone the wrong idea, but the name "Kaniel Dickens" was being thrown around Saturday in the locker room. We couldn't hear why though.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I was thiniking that today, how quiet it has been...

Person is elible ot be traded on the 3rd... will they trade him and Q for ????

or Davis???

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
That's the feeling I get. I think Person is a great influence, and a solid shooter, but I think it's a little too coincidental that he can be traded the same day as our deadline.

I'm still holding out hope for Person to Clips for Jaric and Ely.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I really like Person and his awesome shooting.... and he seems liek a very good egg too... but I think that is a good deal that you propose, and we should pull the trigger on it.

Tomorrow is a non game day as well for us

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>NateBishop3</b>!
That's the feeling I get. I think Person is a great influence, and a solid shooter, but I think it's a little too coincidental that he can be traded the same day as our deadline.

I'm still holding out hope for Person to Clips for Jaric and Ely.
Does that even work cap-wise? I'm not sure of the contract status on Jaric and Ely, but both are on rookie contracts and probably wouldn't match up with Person's contract. Any possiblity of prying away QRich from the Clips and reunite him with his buddy DMiles? Isn't he a RFA after this year? Although I don't know if I can get used to all the head-knocking that would be going on. Person's contract would give the Clippers even more room to go after Kobe this summer if that is their plan.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
The Clippers are under the cap by quite a lot, so they can absorb the extra money received without much problem

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
The Clippers are under the cap by quite a lot, so they can absorb the extra money received without much problem
The trade (Person for Ely/Jaric) was declined on Realgm "due to Portland and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked." I wasn't sure if they were under/over the cap, but Realgm seems to believe they are over the cap.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about this...There have been reports that the Clippers and Bulls have discussed a Dooling for Crawford trade (not sure why Chicago would want to do that, but I read it somewhere this morning, so it must be true :D )

L.A. Clippers trades: PF Melvin Ely (4.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 14.1 minutes)
PG Keyon Dooling (4.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 15.3 minutes)
SG Marko Jaric (8.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.5 apg in 29.0 minutes)
SG Quentin Richardson (17.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 35.5 minutes)
L.A. Clippers receives: SG Wesley Person (5.9 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.7 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -24.4 ppg, -8.3 rpg, and -6.8 apg.

Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.7 minutes)
Chicago receives: PG Keyon Dooling (4.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27 games)
Change in team outlook: -12.6 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and -3.6 apg.

Portland trades: SG Wesley Person (5.9 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.7 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.3 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Melvin Ely (4.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 23 games)
SG Marko Jaric (8.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.5 apg in 41 games)
SG Quentin Richardson (17.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 41 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 46 games)
Change in team outlook: +37.0 ppg, +10.6 rpg, and +10.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1462785

Why...
Chicago gets Dooling for Crawford, LAC gets cap relief in Person, plus a good prospect in Woods to take the place of QRich (who will most likely be gone to FA anyway), and PDX makes out like bandits with QRich, Crawford, Ely and Jaric...That's exactly why it won't happen.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Swoosh</b>!
and PDX makes out like bandits with QRich, Crawford, Ely and Jaric...That's exactly why it won't happen.
Exactly. Good thinking in trying to rip off other teams.

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts