Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here wouldnt do that deal? A show of hands. Jrich today. 31 pts 5 bds 4 assts. and more impressively 7-8 from 3 pt range and 12-17 overall. No wonder my boy cant get off the bench. This guy is a stud and if that deal is really in place, go and do it

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I have no idea why the Warriors would do it.
I think it was some Chad Ford speculation. But when i posted it, there wasnt a whole lot of people thrilled with that one. This guy is really an allstar. Sure, he has no left hand. But now he has a jumper. When the left hand comes, we are talking about a Kobe/Tmac level player perhaps

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

I think it was some Chad Ford speculation. But when i posted it, there wasnt a whole lot of people thrilled with that one. This guy is really an allstar. Sure, he has no left hand. But now he has a jumper. When the left hand comes, we are talking about a Kobe/Tmac level player perhaps
It was a deal that Chad Ford said made sense. I never read that the teams were talking about it. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

What I wish the Bulls could have done one draft day three drafts ago was take Curry and JRich. Oh well, I don't care if Mussleman doesn't like him, JRich has got to stay a Warrior.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

It was a deal that Chad Ford said made sense. I never read that the teams were talking about it. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
LOL, I wonder under what rationale it makes sense... clearly Jamal's not going to be their PG with Van Exel there, so why trade away a prototype SG for a guy like Jamal.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

LOL, I wonder under what rationale it makes sense... clearly Jamal's not going to be their PG with Van Exel there, so why trade away a prototype SG for a guy like Jamal.
I dont remember details but the thought process was that they dont like NVE, and he doesnt like them, and if you would take NVEs big contract off their hands, you could have Jrich as a bonus. They were thought to like Crawford as their PG of the future. But JC for Jrich straight up, today, is a pipe dream. But if we get lucky with Emeka this summer, trade curry and Jc for dunleavey and Jrich and you then you might be talking about the beginning of something.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I would do that deal if I'm paxson, because if I'm Paxson I'd trade Crawford for Pooh Richardson, let alone Jason. Crawford is not a Pax type o' player.

but if I were the bulls GM, I would not do the deal. Because I think Jamal has a higher ceiling than Richardson. He can do more things on the court.

Of course if I were GM I also wouldn't have drafted another point guard with my lottery pick(would have waited and done something to get Blake in the second round as a backup point guard if push came to shove) and I would not have thrown Marshall into the Davis-Rose deal as an "add-in". Nor would I have trade away Roger Mason Jr.

My team would look like this:
Crawford
Pietrus or Hayes
Marshall
Davis
Curry

with our hodge podge of veterans plus Chandler coming off the bench.

And my coach would have been someone from the group of Doug Collins, Mike Fratello, Paul Westphal and Paul Silas.

But it's easy to sit back and play sunday evening GM on saturday several months after Paxson has already made a mess of it all.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would do it. The facts are JRich is better now and a year younger than JC plus he isn't afraid to dunk all make him worth trading for in my mind. But I wouldn't trade Curry and JC for Dunleavy Jr and Jrich. Maybe if they threw in their 1st round draft pick I would do it. Or maybe Fizer and JC for Jrich and whoever.

·
Registered
60 Posts

they wouldnt, jamal isnt what they need

·
Banned
780 Posts
how do you figure that?

i guess pax was all cought up in the "JC is going to be a superstar" crap that was going around at that time.but i did hear that the deal was on the table,it was around the time of the draft or around the time we signed pip.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I don't think Pax turned down any deal.

There was a lot of talk that assuming Arenas left (which he did) that a Dunleavy for JC deal would make sense.

I think this was b/f Jay got hurt.

I have always liked Jrich. I would have to give it some thought if GSW asked for Curry for Jrich.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i wouldnt we trade one player that can play point and score tons and playes no def for another player that can play only sg can score tons and playes no def wow. amazing :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts