1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1728324
Bryant Plans To Rejoin Team In Orlando
Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA -- Kobe Bryant defied his coach and did not join the Los Angeles Lakers in Philadelphia on Thursday night, leaving the team unsure of his whereabouts when they arrived to play the 76ers.

Bryant's agent later informed the Lakers that Bryant would join them in Orlando, the fifth stop of the Lakers' seven-game road trip.

In Cleveland a day earlier, coach Phil Jackson originally said Bryant would join the team in Orlando -- in part to spare him from being the target of taunts from fans in Philadelphia.

But Jackson later changed his mind and said Bryant, on the injured list with a lacerated index finger, would join the Lakers in Philadelphia.

Jackson said Bryant was supposed to be on a plane from Los Angeles that was to arrive between 4 and 5 p.m, but no one on the Lakers had heard from him by the time Jackson addressed reporters at 6 p.m. -- 90 minutes before tipoff.

"It's good for him to be with us here. He can have a couple days to be with us in this situation, join his teammates, see how we're playing, see firsthand what we're going through right now as far as the way we're playing the game," Jackson said. "He's supportive, and his teammates are supportive of him, so it's kind of a catch-up point."

Bryant, who attended high school in a local suburb, has been the target of boos and taunts in Philadelphia since the Lakers and 76ers met in the 2001 NBA Finals. The booing was worst during the 2002 All-Star game when Bryant was named the MVP of that game.

"I think being booed is the ultimate sign of respect," said teammate Shaquille O'Neal, who quizzed reporters on whether Bryant had shown up.
Here is what I want to see:

The same people calling Mcgrady and Pierce crybaby's earlier in the season in here ripping Kobe for this.

I bet it doesn't happen though. Most who were taking shots at TMac and PP were members of the Kobe cult. They'll probably go w/ the hypocrit option and come with some " Why should he be there?" or "Phil and Shaq are jerks".

*Waiting to see*

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Tough to make a call on that, I guess I can't blame him, but as a professional athlete, you should probably be used to it.

What happened with Pierce and T-Mac?
I can't recall that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TMac - Upset with zones earlier in the season

Pierce - Upset about lack of help earlier in the season.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think Kobe has other things to worry about besides being booed! Whats the point of this thread?

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
He played in Denver but he didnt wanna play in Orlando..

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
What is there to talk about? You don't even know the reason Kobe missed the game, so you look like a Tmac/Pierce homer for even starting a thread pretending that you can objectivity gauge why Kobe wasn't in Philly.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
You know when T-Mac left the arena during a game and went home, it was the Orlando organization that was pissed at T-Mac. I mean for you to even start a thread about Kobe shows a bit of fixation you have with him. Anything to build your guy up, that's the motto correct? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!
What is there to talk about? You don't even know the reason Kobe missed the game, so you look like a Tmac/Pierce homer for even starting a thread pretending that you can objectivity gauge why Kobe wasn't in Philly.
EHL, this is exactly why I call you the biggest Homer on BBB.net. Not in a bad way, but you support Kobe like no one else. props to you.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
So Kobe didn't show up because he was scared of Philly fans?

:laugh: That's hilarious. Kudos to Philly fans for making one of the games superstars hide with his tail between his legs. That's pretty impressive.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ostertag-fan</b>!

EHL, this is exactly why I call you the biggest Homer on BBB.net. Not in a bad way, but you support Kobe like no one else. props to you.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me a Kobe homer? Wow, seriously dude, read more of my posts.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigTMacFan</b>!
TMac - Upset with zones earlier in the season
Pierce - Upset about lack of help earlier in the season.
Vince complained about the zones awhile back as well.

But my response to this thread is, who cares? Obviously Kobe is going through a lot right now. If I were him, I dont think i'd want to show up in Philly either.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

McGrady is the one who complained about zones, and everyone made a big deal about it.
I know. But Vince did as well, but no one made much of a deal about it.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

I know. But Vince did as well, but no one made much of a deal about it.
Vince didn't threaten to retire though, no one really made a big deal about McGrady just complaining about the zones, it was the fact he was so upset that he actually considered retiring.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!

Vince didn't threaten to retire though, no one really made a big deal about McGrady just complaining about the zones, it was the fact he was so upset that he actually considered retiring.
I didnt say he did. I wasnt pointing it out to make a big deal about it. Just wanted to point out Tmac wasn't the only one whining about zones. I think there were some coaches complaining about them as well early on.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigTMacFan</b>!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1728324

Here is what I want to see:

The same people calling Mcgrady and Pierce crybaby's earlier in the season in here ripping Kobe for this.

I bet it doesn't happen though. Most who were taking shots at TMac and PP were members of the Kobe cult. They'll probably go w/ the hypocrit option and come with some " Why should he be there?" or "Phil and Shaq are jerks".

*Waiting to see*
Ba-ba-ba-baiting?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I get edited and he doesnt? Interesting. But believe me, I couldn't care less about Kobe. I only bring him up when Lakers fans trash on T-Mac. Which is 24/7. So I guess if anyone has an obsession it's them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.