Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it doesn't match-up salery wise, but i'm sure it could be done without any other major players. that being said would you do this deal if it was out there? i think jamal is a better passer and shooter, but bonzi is a better scorer, defender, rebounder and post player. as much as i like jamal, if j.will gets the nod as starting pg, then i'd rather have bonzi at sg.

PG: J.Will / FA Vet(T.Hardawy) / Mason
SG: B.Wells / Hassell / E.Rob
SF: Rose / E.Rob
PF: Chandler / Fizer
C: Curry / FA Vet(S.Williams) / Bagaric

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
About time you come over here. What took you so long?

As for Bonzi on the bulls, we had this arguement over at realgm. I like him as a player, but do not think he is the answer for the Bulls.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for my delay... i'm a little lazy sometimes when it comes to change. i really just found the board yesterday. RealGM is sucking more everyday.

what were peoples thoughts on jamal vs bonzi? if we didn't have j.will i wouldn't make the trade, but we do have j.will so i think i would make the trade.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It wouldn't be bad, but I would rather have a Mike Miller, a true outside shooter. But in my opinion the Bulls don't really need to make any big changes. They should just stick with what they have for now.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
You don't trade Jamal at this time unless we're talking about a block buster deal. The way the kid returned last year has me salivating. Jay Will and Jamal could be terrifc together.

Trenton Hassell also warrants time, he is a solid 2 and he doesn't cost much. I think the Bulls are set at two.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by L.O.B
You don't trade Jamal at this time unless we're talking about a block buster deal. The way the kid returned last year has me salivating. Jay Will and Jamal could be terrifc together.

Trenton Hassell also warrants time, he is a solid 2 and he doesn't cost much. I think the Bulls are set at two.
Good point. I'd also like to add that Jamal will share PG duties with Jay. Jamal goes nowhere unless the Bulls find a quality replacement for him at the point.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by DickieHurtz

Good point. I'd also like to add that Jamal will share PG duties with Jay. Jamal goes nowhere unless the Bulls find a quality replacement for him at the point.

How about Travis Best as a quality replacement for him at the point?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I live in Portland and there has been alot of talk over here about trading Bonzi but its gonna take more than Jamal Crawford, Jamal has talent but he isnt established like Bonzi. I think Jamal Crawford can be just as good as Bonzi Wells because just a couple of years ago nobody had a clue who Bonzi was and all we heard was that he was lighting it up in summer league and he might contribute, thats similar to what we've heard about Jamal. I think Jamal Crawford could end up being the more versitil player out of the 2 so I think it wouldnt be wise to trade him for Bonzi, i mean look at the blazers, they are a big group of overpaid underacheivers, i dont think Bonzi can help a team win and the Bulls would have to give up too much to get him.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Jamal will not be traded

Jamal will not be traded. He has said once before he doesn't mind moving to SG, he just wants to play. All the news of Jamal being traded has just come from internet sites or newpapers. It all started when internet sites and Newspapers said the Bulls selecting Jay will spell the end of Jamal. Krause and Wennington have never said anything close about trading Jamal, they have even said he is untouchable. So what makes him touchable, because a idiot like Chad Ford says that is how the Bulls will succeed. We can win with out Rashard and other players. Besides, we need all the money we got to sign Tyson, Eddy, Jamal, and Jay.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Thats a tough call to make. I am not sure Krause ever painted himself into a corner and declared Jamal untouchable. Even if he used the exact words, "Jamal is untouchable." I still would not believe him.

I am not saying he is going to give Jamal away but you better believe if he feels he will come out on top of a transaction he will trade Jamal.

Factors involved in such a transaction could be things like Jamal threatening to walk away from the Bulls as soon as possible, internal checmistry issues between himself and JWill. etc.

Like I said, I don't think Krause is in too much of a hurry to do anything with Jamal. He will probably hold onto the kid.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Bonzi is a straight-up pimp. Not sure why the fans in Portland are so down on this guy, but everytime I watch this kid play he impresses me. Too bad he's in a crucible w/ Rasheed (the original headcase), Scottie (never a great leader), and the rest of the motley crue in Portland.

I think Chi-town fans have to watch this guy play more... not just look at technical fouls or what we've heard through the grapevine. Bonzi is one of the few guards in the NBA that can post anyone, take the ball strong to the hoop, and give you a nice outside scoring touch as well. His defense is decent and he'll give you a couple steals a game. He has playoff experience and I remember that he even punked Kobe a couple years ago in the conference finals. Kobe always give props to him on the court (something he rarely does with any players). That shows me something.

So... Crawford and say Fizer or Robinson for Wells? I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Vin D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Krause is still very high on Crawford. He genuinely believes that Jay and Jamal can form a dynamic back court tandem. There are, however, two concerns: his health and his state of mind. Slowly but surely Jamal's work ethic is dispelling concerns over his ability to remain healthy over the course of an NBA season. His self confidence is another matter entirely. Jamal has a rather fragile ego according to reports I've heard. Whatever he may be saying publically, it remains to be seen how he actually accepts the fact that JWill is ticketed to be the Bulls' lead guard.

I think he can, mostly because he's told a number of people around him that he really loves playing for the Bulls and he's developed very strong relationships with a number of his young teamates. On a number of occasions he's been heard saying how much he wants to remain a Bull and that he has no interest in playing anywhere else...including Seattle.

As BCH says, it's going to take a hell of a deal for Krause to consider trading Jamal this summer. However, once the real season begins, Jamal's long term future as a Bull will largely depend on how he and Jay fit together on the court. I really hope he makes it. Imagine the headaches he, Jay and Jalen will cause opponents with their exceptional ball handling skills and scoring abilities. Not many teams can boast to have three players on the court at the same time with the ability to break down a defense and create opportunities for themselves and their teamates.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
i agree w/Vin D. Everytime I've watched Bonzi play I've been more impressed with his game. He's got a hell of a shot from the outside, he can post up smaller 2 guards, and he can guard Kobe. I'd take him over a Mike Miller any day cause of his defensive abilties. He's the only guy on that Portland team except for pippen (sometimes) that's got any poise. I'm a believer in Crawford, but i think Bonzi is a much better fit for this team.

·
Registered
42 Posts
bonzi is a good player but bonzi has some character issues like all the other blazers and krause doesnt want that influence with his young kids

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by SMOOTH1
bonzi is a good player but bonzi has some character issues like all the other blazers and krause doesnt want that influence with his young kids
Sure. But Bonzi would still be an upgrade. I think his problems are just magnified in Portland. A change of scenery would help.

VD

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by SMOOTH1
Come on. Charles Oakley had character issues and Krause brought him in to specifically mentor the kids.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by BCH

Come on. Charles Oakley had character issues and Krause brought him in to specifically mentor the kids.
oakley was a cap holder who was a free agent after one year, if we sign bonzi, we would have to sign him to about 4-6 years, i doubt krause would commit that many years to a headcase

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Bonzi Wells is an awesome player.

He can drive, post, and shoot. He came up with a LOT of big shots in Portland.

That being said, he doesn't belong on the Bulls. I actually think he needs to find a WORSE team than the Bulls, so he can go and be the man for them. Someone like the Jazz or the Knicks (except that the Knicks are kind of busy at SG/SF). Wells could take the Jazz to new territory, if they could manage to land him. His toughness and attitude would be welcome there, next year, in the post-Malone/Stockton era.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts