Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're back in 8th, after the Sonics lost last night. 1 game behind Dallas and Houston.

Wow! I dunno how we keep staying in contention.

Even better, next games are
Miami
Cleveland
@ Golden State
Denver
@ Clippers

I fancy us to win the next 2 at least, and those 2 road games are ones we should be capable of winning. If we win 4 of 5 we would be 24-18 which would probably take us above Houston, who have some tough games coming up.

Shouldn't forget that Memphis (10th) are only 1 game behind, so if we slip up we'll pay for it.

Surely we have to slip out of contention some time, with harpring out for the season???

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Crazy.. Clark hasn't played, we missed Arroyo for a few weeks, Lopez hurt his ankle, we have five rookies, and now Harpring looks like he won't play for the rest of the season.. if we made the playoffs it would be one of the most miraculous accomplishments in the history of the game.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
if we made the playoffs it would be one of the most miraculous accomplishments in the history of the game.

Honestly, it would probably be the most.

We had tons of analysts saying we'd be the worst team in the league, and many of them saying the worst team EVER IN HISTORY.

On top of that, we lost our best player.

So how do we respond? We make the playoffs. Wow that would be something.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
if we made the playoffs it would be one of the most miraculous accomplishments in the history of the game.
Ain't that the truth.

This team really reminds me of the Orlando Magic the season before T-Mac and Grant Hill got there. Everyone thought that they would be one of the worst teams in the league, yet they still finished with a .500 record and almost made the playoffs. The only difference is that the Jazz probably will make the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
a good player is one that puts up decent numbers.

A great player can inspire his team mates and brings wins. Is AK47 really more than just a stat filler, maybe the whole team is feeding off his energy.

Theres something strange going on with the jazz, Sloan is a great coach and a winner. I guess this winning attitude is rubbing off on the other players.

Or do the Jazz have some silent superstars waiting to break that level and raise their game.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Or do the Jazz have some silent superstars waiting to break that level and raise their game.
Carlos Arroyo and Deshawn Stevenson are rather "silent" but I wouldn't consider them superstars, yet.

I never really respected Sloan that much before, but I've definitely got to give him props for the job he is doing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
utah definitely has the chance to make the playoffs,but they wil lreally have to work for it. thats how the west goes.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
All I can say is that I'm simply amazed by how well Jazz has been playing this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts