Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have got to be the only team in league history to have a guard lead the team in rebounds and a center lead them in assists.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Their strategy of rebuilding their team with washed up overpaid vets and unathletic wing players isn't working for some reason.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
nugzhomer said:
Their strategy of rebuilding their team with washed up overpaid vets and unathletic wing players isn't working for some reason.
Kings are only 1 game below .500 and have won 2 in a row.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nugzhomer said:
Since when are Bonzi Wells and Fransico Garcia unathletic?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Whether you like it or not, Garcia is fairly athletic, and if you say he couldn't jump over a brick well then bricks must be at least the height of tables.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
Have got to be the only team in league history to have a guard lead the team in rebounds and a center lead them in assists.
If the guard averaged 10 rpg and the center averaged 8 apg, I'd be happy. Too bad they don't.

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Go figure - The Kings are the only team in the NBA to have a shooting guard (Wells) leading in rebounds (8.5) and a center (Miller) leading in assists (6.3). While Miller dishing from the high post is nothing new, Wells' production on the glass is. Former King Doug Christie never tallied more than 5.4 rebounds per game in a Sacramento season, while his replacement - Cuttino Mobley - provided 3.9 with the Kings last season. Overall, the Kings are the sixth-worst rebounding team.

"Some guys rebound the ball, but he goes out and gets it," Adelman said.

"He reminds me of an awful lot of a guy I played with in (Utah coach) Jerry Sloan, who was the best rebounding guard I ever saw. Jerry, wherever he was on the court, had a great sense of where the ball was going to hit, where was coming out, and he pursued it. And Bonzi's the same way. He watches the ball and goes and gets it."
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/13911194p-14749614c.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts