Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought Vinny looked pretty good in his first game back. Maybe there is hope!

·
Registered
248 Posts
We'll see tomorrow, hope he can defend. If he can put up 15 pts, 10 rebs, I think he can soon get back to starting lineup.

We don't need Waltah anymore, he's the worst player the C's has except his 3's, he can't do anything else.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
We'll see tomorrow, hope he can defend. If he can put up 15 pts, 10 rebs, I think he can soon get back to starting lineup.

We don't need Waltah anymore, he's the worst player the C's has except his 3's, he can't do anything else.
13 and 7 would be nice for Vinny. 15 and 10 is WAY too much, especially with the rebounds. He's not a good rebounder.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walter is playing too much, yes....

But when you need a 3 to send it to OT, just give him a call! He's also a better defender than Vinny!

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: Walter is playing too much, yes....

Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!
But when you need a 3 to send it to OT, just give him a call! He's also a better defender than Vinny!
And after he sends you to OT, he becomes the Chok-e.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Vinny was getting 10 rebounds a game b4 he fell off so he could easily do it again but since OB didn't even let him play last night I guess we will keep SUCKING!:sigh:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Look at aqua's threaDentitled "Bye Vinny?"........it looks like we are shopping him

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!
Well, I thought Vinny looked pretty good in his first game back. Maybe there is hope!
There is hope.

I hope Vin ends up breaking his new deal with the Celtics and gets canned. Or I hope he gets traded.

I am tired of hoping that Vin gets it together. He has one final chance if he doesn't get traded. I am done with Vin. I am tired of getting disappointed by the guy. He is not a baby so he should not get babied. He is a man and he needs to start acting like one.

If he were a man he would walk away and give the Celtics relief from his problem and his huge contract.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
If Vin Baker were a man, he'd take a huge suspension without pay costing him millions of dollars, then work his *** off all summer to get back in shape to play, and come out and admit his alcoholism to everyone, there by putting him into a very public recovery process.

Oh wait, he did that.

Its not Vin's fault that he signed a huge contract. Its not his fault that the Celtics dealt for him and put a huge ammount of the team's future in his hands.

Its Gaston's fault because he forced Wallace to deal for an alcoholic to save a few bucks.

I've never been an alcoholic, but I'm 100% sure that its not like a shoulder bruise that you can recover from in a week and get back to playing at full strength. Alcoholism, like every other addiction, follows you for the rest of your life. With Vin being who he is, a rich man who's living life on the road, unsupervised, and always has access to alcohol, I'm suprised he held out as long as he did.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>With Vin being who he is, a rich man who's living life on the road, unsupervised, and always has access to alcohol, I'm suprised he held out as long as he did.

Agreed. It's tough being an NBA guy/

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
If Vin Baker were a man, he'd take a huge suspension without pay costing him millions of dollars, then work his *** off all summer to get back in shape to play, and come out and admit his alcoholism to everyone, there by putting him into a very public recovery process.

Oh wait, he did that.

Its not Vin's fault that he signed a huge contract. Its not his fault that the Celtics dealt for him and put a huge ammount of the team's future in his hands.

Its Gaston's fault because he forced Wallace to deal for an alcoholic to save a few bucks.

I've never been an alcoholic, but I'm 100% sure that its not like a shoulder bruise that you can recover from in a week and get back to playing at full strength. Alcoholism, like every other addiction, follows you for the rest of your life. With Vin being who he is, a rich man who's living life on the road, unsupervised, and always has access to alcohol, I'm suprised he held out as long as he did.

Vinny has conceded a lot already by allowing that clause for three strikes in his contract which if ever enforced may actually be challenged by the players union.. If this was baseball the players union would never allowed that language..

Actually vinnys instant success so fast probaly did not help, and also the way he was utilized by obrien...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Vin's problem should not be the Celtics problem

Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!

Oh wait, he did that.

You make sense Agoo.

I have just had it with Vin. I think that it is sad that he has a problem but I think that he should stop making it the Celtics problem. I want him to walk away from the deal in some manner, take some time to get sober away from the game and then come back to some team willing to take the risk at a lesser salary and less risk. As long as Vin stays with the Celtics under his current salary the team will be in a state of chaos. He is a big money player with big talent. He should be our second option on offense and a strong inside presense but there is apprehension from Obie in playing the guy because he could fall off the wagon and let the team down.

Unlike you, Agoo, I understand a great deal about alcoholism. It causes a person to sometimes put the people they love the most at risk.

Vin is risking the success of the Celtics because he cannot control his problem. All I am asking is that he relieve the Celtics of this burden so both the team and Vin have a better chance to succeed.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Well we still don't know the full story and for now he's on the team and he's STILL A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN WALTER so in other words, he should be playing!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Baker better than Waltah?

Right now, he's not even better than Stewart! What a joke!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Truth, you really don't know basketball, EVERYONE ON THE TEAM IS BETTER THAN STEWART, just because OB doesn't play someone doesn't mean they are not better than someone OB plays....hasn't that point been drilled into your brain yet. Stewart is a COMPLETE WASTE of a roster spot and EVERYONE knows that but you. I'll take a drunk Baker over a healthy Stewart any day.:upset:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The problem with Vin is that Boston cannot count on him.

If O'Brien gives him alot of minutes and makes him an important part of the team only to lose him to alcohol then the team suffers.

At least with McCarty you can count on him being sober.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts