Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5. Lakers - Base on what I watch last 5 games: I often see DHoward, Artest and Gasol guard no one. All the Lakers guards are playing the interior defense.

4. Knicks - Based on what I watch them against the West: unable to force a decent amount of turnovers, allow opponents to torch them from the field, and the three-point line.

3. Hornets - The team is not having a true defensive anchor on the roster.

2. Cavs - allowing opponents to shoot a league-worst 49 percent from the field.

1. Suns - perimeter defense is awful, allowing opponents to shoot 43.2 percent from three-point line, which is last in the NBA.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Though out of order, you're spot on with the 3 worst. However, NY is rated middle-of-the-pack, while LAL is actually 10th best.

I'm sure basketball-reference and other reputable avenues will eventually adopt the Ballscientist Eye Test (BET), but for now they're going by defensive efficiency (points given up per possession).

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Though out of order, you're spot on with the 3 worst. However, NY is rated middle-of-the-pack, while LAL is actually 10th best.

I'm sure basketball-reference and other reputable avenues will eventually adopt the Ballscientist Eye Test (BET), but for now they're going by defensive efficiency (points given up per possession).
The only problem with BET is not enough sample.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
Why is Washington not on this list?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts