Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Luke said Igoudala is going to be the best player to come out of Arizona?

I like the guy, but that's a bold statement for Iggy.

He needs to show that he can shoot at the NBA level with some consistency.

I liken Iggy to James Posey. Same kind of demeanor and have similar games.

Posey had to improve his outside shooting dramatically over the years and the same with Corey Maggette.

I see Iggy becoming the next one of those players. Garbage men in college with amazing athleticism....

Then become prime NBA SG/SFs with range.

We'll see. I thought Maggette could have used another year in college too and he turned out alright.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>WookiesOnRitalin</b>!
Luke said Igoudala is going to be the best player to come out of Arizona?

I like the guy, but that's a bold statement for Iggy.

He needs to show that he can shoot at the NBA level with some consistency.

I liken Iggy to James Posey. Same kind of demeanor and have similar games.

Posey had to improve his outside shooting dramatically over the years and the same with Corey Maggette.

I see Iggy becoming the next one of those players. Garbage men in college with amazing athleticism....

Then become prime NBA SG/SFs with range.

We'll see. I thought Maggette could have used another year in college too and he turned out alright.
Your thought on Maggette? I agree. I thought he should have stayed in college another year or two. I thought that when he declared for the draft.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
2. Dwight Howard, 6-11, 230, PF, S.W. Christian H.S. (Atlanta): Veteran scout Bob Gibbons says Howard will be the first high schooler picked ''because of his ability, potential and all-around game.'' He needs work on his low-post game, but that's the only negative.
I love the bit on howard...paraphrasing, he's a really good power foward but he can't play in the post. What does that mean? It's like saying "he's a really good point guard but the only thing is he can't dribble the ball in the open court." "We have this amazing center but he isn't good in the paint." Etc... Just struck me as funny.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!

I love the bit on howard...paraphrasing, he's a really good power foward but he can't play in the post. What does that mean? It's like saying "he's a really good point guard but the only thing is he can't dribble the ball in the open court." "We have this amazing center but he isn't good in the paint." Etc... Just struck me as funny.
Hey, your guy is at #13, CCCP.

Pros: blah, blah, blah
Cons: no eyebrows

you know

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

Hey, your guy is at #13, CCCP.

Pros: blah, blah, blah
Cons: no eyebrows

you know
I hope Charlie V goes undrafted. JMO. I'm an Illini fan.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fl_flash</b>!
Not that I'm nitpicking ('cause I am) but shouldn't the list be 14 players long?
Thanks for bringing that up flash. I would think the lotto will now be permanantly 14 instead of 13 until they change the size of the league or the playoff rules....

:clap: Good point.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Just once, I'd like a sports reporter to actually know the sport he/she is reporting on. I would have given kudos for Banks if he'd have picked up on the fact that the lottery is now 14 players instead of 13 but I suppose it's asking too much for a person who disseminates information to actually know about the information he is disseminating.

I guess my standards are too high. :frenchy:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Wow, did anyone else catch the part in the excerpt about Pavel where it said he can run the floor like a guard?

Somehow, I kind of doubt that.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fl_flash</b>!
Just once, I'd like a sports reporter to actually know the sport he/she is reporting on. I would have given kudos for Banks if he'd have picked up on the fact that the lottery is now 14 players instead of 13 but I suppose it's asking too much for a person who disseminates information to actually know about the information he is disseminating.

I guess my standards are too high. :frenchy:
Seriously,

maybe I'm being critical, but how many of these guys has Lacy actually seen play? Probably, Okafor, maybe Deng... outside shot at CV. No to the rest... but if you quote other people, you can't be held to your word.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rosenthall</b>!
Wow, did anyone else catch the part in the excerpt about Pavel where it said he can run the floor like a guard?

Somehow, I kind of doubt that.
I believe he meant Offensive Guard.;)

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
12. Christian Drejer, 6-9, 210, SF, Florida: Ballantini calls him ''a solid prospect'' at either shooting guard or small forward. He's not the best player on his team but he's projecting high because of his size and athleticism.
Depending on where we are and what Paxson wants (I'm guessing SF would be the most logical choice if Chandler and Curry are to stay), I think Drejer would be a nice pick for us. I've watched him play a few times, and it does look he needs a bit more polishing, but he's got a very nice outside shot from what I can see. Florida put him at PG a few times this year, and looked like he was doing an okay job there, which is a plus.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Quite a few big man prospects in this draft. Just quickly glancing over the list, but it appears there are 6 PF/C on this list. Surprisingly Deng is also on this list of prospects. What has made people think Deng will come out this year? Regardless, if the Bulls do in fact plan on building on Chandler and Curry, this is a terrible draft. Most of the projected lottery picks will require that the Bulls abandon their rebuilding plan, or the picks are projected to be projects.

Originally posted by superdave!
I hope Charlie V goes undrafted. JMO. I'm an Illini fan.
Yeah, that whole situation rubbed me the wrong way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts