Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:curse:

But at least it's not serious though. Way things have gone, you'd think we had bad luck.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2231863

Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa could miss up to three weeks with an injury to his left knee.

Barbosa has a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament but could return in one to three weeks, the Arizona Republic reported.

"Ginobili always likes to flop," Barbosa told The Arizona Republic. "Nobody even touched him.

"He jost flopped. That's why I feel sad to hurt myself like that," he added. "I wish I could have hurt myself in another way."

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni told the paper Ginobili "got tangled up a little bit" with Raja Bell when he stumbled backward, and "just to make his point, he was falling down."

"It was an accident," D'Antoni told the Republic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe we (brazilians) are cursed... at least in Basketball!

We only had 5 players in the NBA, and now what we got?

- Anderson injures his shoulder against USA in tournament of the Americas and will return by January.
- Then Nene blows his knee and is out for the season.
- Now Barbosa, who was the Suns leading scorer, sprains his knee and is out 1-3 weeks (at least, it´s not for a long time)
- Lucas Tischer was waived by the Suns, Alex was waived by New orleans
- All we have is mighty Rafael Araujo, who´s playing about 5 minutes a game with the Super Raptors!

:(

·
Your Humble Homer
11,083 Posts
lol the Suns are having one of those bad luck seasons. Usually every team goes through them. And after a bad luck season, the next one ends up turning into a good luck season. Lets hope thats the case.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Actually.. lol we had a good luck season last season, which had a bad luck season preceding it.

Basically, this just backs up what you said, but I still think that we'll have some luck coming our way, such as Amare coming back in 4 months at 120% (highly highly improbable, but stranger things have happened).

Anyways, Barbosa being out sucks. Thankfully, it wasn't a season-ending injury. At least we have a reliable replacement in Jim Jackson, and not some no-namer who's never played a game before.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It was said on their site (forgot where at the moment) that he could play against the Knicks this week.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jibikao said:
Maybe Suns is cursed... sigh.

First Amare, then Barbosa. Who is next? Nash or Marion?

dude, don't say that. it may happen, and we'll all come looking for you if it does. :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts