Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antwain Barbour poured in a career-high 23 points to lead eighth-ranked Kentucky to a 66-55 win over Alabama at Rupp Arena.

Cliff Hawkins netted 13 points and Chuck Hayes added 12 points and seven rebounds for the Wildcats (17-3, 7-2 SEC), who have won three straight and six of their last seven games.

Kentucky guard Gerald Fitch missed his second straight game after he sprained his right index finger in last Tuesday's win over Florida.

Earnest Shelton scored 13 points and Kennedy Winston contributed 12 for the Crimson Tide (11-9, 3-6), who have dropped five consecutive contests.

The Wildcats made 26-of-56 shots from the field (46 percent), while Alabama connected on only 38 percent of its attempts (19-of-50).

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/colleges/university_of_kentucky/7922754.htm

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If Barbour keeps this up he will really be a big lift for the Cats going into the SEC tourney. Good game for Hawkins and Hayes as well.

·
Registered
582 Posts
DANG! I had a chance to be sitting in the tenth row behind bama's bench for this one and I didn't go! WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Anyway, the cats looked like a different team tonight. They had 12 different players on the court tonight and the subs actually extended the lead! They were also playing without Fitch (16 PPG AVG) and STILL came out smelling like roses! Talk about a good time to gain momentum...

Loved the chants of Antwain Barbour..... Antwain Barbour....

Hopefully this was his coming out game!

GO CATS!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
he looked great. i was totally surprised, if we wouldn't have had his breakout game, this game would've been MUCH closer.
UK still would've won by a good margin. Barbour had UK's first 13 points, but as soon as the other guys started coming along, it was all the team from there on out.

BTW - Tubby says Barbour may remain in the starting line-up. Hopefully not in front of Fitch though. If anyone, Azubuike could come out of the starting line-up, which isn't an insult to him. Azubuike has everything we need to be a great sixth man. Defense, scoring (when he's not in a slump, like he is now), rebounding, and of course, unselfishness. Barbour would be a great sixth man too, but if he can keep playing like he has been recently, I'm all for him to be in the starting line-up.

I also liked how the fans were chanting "Let's go Barbour!". That really must've boosted his confidence level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts