1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
altho I don' tknow how accurate those #'s are (some owners "net worth" are well under the value of their teams)...according to that list, Paul Allen is worth more than every owner combined, if you don't include #2 and 3.

In other words, he's worth 20 billion, and the other 28 teams owners are worth (according to the list) about 28 billion.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
The owner information can be correct, because not all owners own 100% of the teams, and even if they own the teams their outstanding debt related to the team (or, indeed, in other ventures) is taken into consideration in net worth.

Ed O.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I guess I don't really see the point of the rating system used in this analysis. Injuries obviously have a huge impact upon how much a player is able to contribute to his team. This report is misleading in that it simply looks at stats produced this year vs. salary spent, with no consideration of a player's value to the team when he's healthy. Right now, Tim Duncan is horribly overpaid since he's producing nothing while he's injured, but still being paid max dollars. Even if he were to miss an entire season, however, would anyone argue that Duncan's overpriced over the course of his contract?

Injury can be a valid consideration in determining overpriced status, but only if it's a chronic condition. DA, if he could stay healthy, would probably be worth his money. Unfortunately, the one thing you can count on with him is that he will be injured more than he's healthy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts