Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barkley picked Chauncey as a All-Star reserve last night.

He also said that Ben & JO were the only 2 starters that deserved to start.
Is he starting to see the light & not be a hater?

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Maybe he is, if Billups makes it then I don't see how Rip wouldn't make it. Their numbers are similar but then again I guess Billups does have more of an effect on the game and he surely is more exciting.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I think Billups should go but with Stephon in the East I doubt he will get voted on. I also don't think Rip should go because he is just too one-dimensional. He is not having a better year than Redd or Lebron IMO, but then again you guys watch him game in and game out so I could be wrong.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
Maybe he is, if Billups makes it then I don't see how Rip wouldn't make it. Their numbers are similar but then again I guess Billups does have more of an effect on the game and he surely is more exciting.
I believe Billups deserves to be in the All-Star gane, not only based on the fact that he's having a good year statistically, but also because of what he has meant to the team. But, when you stack his numbers against other guards in the East they're not as good. Who exactly votes in the reserves the All-Star coach or the rest of the coaches (its slipping my mind right now)? Maybe if Carlisle is picking, he'll get Chauncey in.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
I think Billups should go but with Stephon in the East I doubt he will get voted on. I also don't think Rip should go because he is just too one-dimensional. He is not having a better year than Redd or Lebron IMO, but then again you guys watch him game in and game out so I could be wrong.
I don't think Rip should go either. Any other year I would say put him in, but like I just said it's so many guards having better years statistically. I also agree that Rip is not having a better year than LeBron or Redd.

On behalf of Rip, I must say that he is getting out of the one-dimensional phase. He has improved his overall game tremendously. In fact he recorded his first double double the other day as one of my fellow Piston posters pointed out. I believe he could score a lot more than he does if Brown had let him continue on his previous pasth, but Brown is making him become a better player by making him do things like crash the boards, set others up, and *gasp* play defense (he's become an average defender, which is saying a lot for Rip).

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!

Yeah, I don't see that happening....:sigh:
Yup, it kind of sucks that the year Chauncey has his best year, most of the other guards decide to have their career years also.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!

I believe Billups deserves to be in the All-Star gane, not only based on the fact that he's having a good year statistically, but also because of what he has meant to the team. But, when you stack his numbers against other guards in the East they're not as good. Who exactly votes in the reserves the All-Star coach or the rest of the coaches (its slipping my mind right now)? Maybe if Carlisle is picking, he'll get Chauncey in.
other coaches vote the reserves, the only thing is they cant vote for their own players. there are a lot of guards in the east, out west its pretty limited on who should be on the all star team to the point where the last two spots will probably be frontcourt players.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!

Yup, it kind of sucks that the year Chauncey has his best year, most of the other guards decide to have their career years also.
I was actually trying to get at that I don't think Carlisle would pick Chauncey, because I don't think they were on the best of terms.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think that barkley is still gonna be a hata, but I think that it makes sense to say that chaunce deserves to go man

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PistonFAN81</b>!
I think that barkley is still gonna be a hata, but I think that it makes sense to say that chaunce deserves to go man
I think that Barkley is usually right with most of his stuff. Only Ben and JO are deserving all stars out of the east. I mean come on....Vince Carter?

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!

I think that Barkley is usually right with most of his stuff. Only Ben and JO are deserving all stars out of the east. I mean come on....Vince Carter?
I think he's referring to the fact that Barkley has been hating on the Pistons for at least two years now. From the beginning of this season and last he has been calling us overrated or what not. It seems like he just doesn't like us. In my eyes he's just another guy who's making the mistake of thinking we're not a good team.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts