Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, these is getting plain ridiculous. Whatever happened to guys who stuck with teams and made them contenders instead of asking to be traded to one? Man, this is annoying.

I'll announce it right now, I wanna be traded to a contender. Somebody get my agent (mom) on the phone.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Huh? Hurricane Frances is your source? :confused:

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
Huh? Hurricane Frances is your source? :confused:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That hurricane sure knows how to get the inside scoop :laugh:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Haha, that hurricane pic brought a smile to my face. As for the article...

Davis didn't name a specific team he would like to play for but Ramasar said that his client would be a good fit with teams such as
Already have a Davis caliber pg

Already have a Davis caliber pg

the Los Angeles Lakers
Interesting, but how? If its possible to keep Odom and Butler and add Davis though...oh man.

and Miami.
Is this a joke? They just gave away their entire frontcourt, and now they're supposed to bring in another guard? Use your head!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
LOL...lets trade Steve Francis and andrew deqlerq for

B.diddy and darrel armstrong..hahha

Cato/Battie
Dwight/Garrity
Hedo/Augmon
Hill/stevenson
B.diddy/nelson/armstrong

haha

j/k

i'd rather keep the houston core in tact.

how about grant hill+stevenson for b.diddy..haha

that would be killer.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>courtside</b>!
LOL...lets trade Steve Francis and andrew deqlerq for

B.diddy and darrel armstrong..hahha

Cato/Battie
Dwight/Garrity
Hedo/Augmon
Hill/stevenson
B.diddy/nelson/armstrong

haha

j/k

i'd rather keep the houston core in tact.
No thanks, I dislike Davis more than I dislike Francis.

Anyway, doesn't anybody feel that all this trade demanding kind of takes away from the game? I mean you've got Shaq, Tmac, Peja, Carter, Baron Davis, Abdur-Rahim, and I think there are all others. Get over yourselves and make your team better. Jimeny crickets!

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"I think it's too much pressure that the Hornets are putting on Baron as an All-Star to carry that team," Ramasar said.
:laugh:

What a joke. It would be nice to see some of these athletes actually speaking for themselves.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Can you really blame Davis though?

With the Hornets moving out West, B Diddy may become one of those players who never makes the playoffs again and gets labeled "stad padder on a bad team". The Hornets are going to be at the bottom of the Western Conference for years to come, whatever thought process there was of B Diddy being a winner is about to go down the toilet.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Shanghai Kid</b>!
Can you really blame Davis though?
Yes!

A healthy Davis, Mashburn, Wesley, Brown and Magloire is a competitive team. If all those players play more than 60 games I guarantee you they will challenge for the 8th spot. Not getting Mo Pete was a big blow, but I still think this team has a chance for future success if they keep Baron and Magloire together, and if David West/JR Smith develop down the line... who knows.

Baron needs to shut up.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ming Bling</b>!

Yes!

A healthy Davis, Mashburn, Wesley, Brown and Magloire is a competitive team. If all those players play more than 60 games I guarantee you they will challenge for the 8th spot. Not getting Mo Pete was a big blow, but I still think this team has a chance for future success if they keep Baron and Magloire together, and if David West/JR Smith develop down the line... who knows.

Baron needs to shut up.
Man who are you kidding, the Hornets have NO SHOT at the playoffs in the West. Mashburn ISN'T healthy, he's been contimplating RETIREMENT.

Hornets were a .500 team in the East, in the West, they won't even be in the playoff hunt.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Ok, these is getting plain ridiculous. Whatever happened to guys who stuck with teams and made them contenders instead of asking to be traded to one? Man, this is annoying.

I'll announce it right now, I wanna be traded to a contender. Somebody get my agent (mom) on the phone.
This one is more understandable.

The Hornets are a good team, but the organization is horrible. They only care about making money, and have shown little effort to build a team. They do want to have a playoff team, if only to build excitement and increase ticket sales, but they aren't pursuing having a great team. Scott should have held out a while longer and maybe he would have gotten the Laker job.

I almost always hate it when players demand trades, but when it's on a bad organization, I change my mind. Players for the Nets, Sonics, Hornets, Clippers, have the right to demand trades, in my mind.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Baron has to himself to blame. No one told him to sign that huge deal with the Hornets. He has no leverage and he has been fat and injured the past two years.

I say to Baron tough noogies mother******.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
This is just getting out of freaking control... I swear, it's almost like the players want to have like 5 good teams and the rest AWFUL teams... They all wanna go to "good teams"... Jesus... It's spreading like wildfire... Damn you Shaq!!!

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ming Bling</b>!

Yes!

Baron needs to shut up.
not that i agree with demanding a trade, but if everything goes right, the hornets MIGHT have a shot at 8th? this is the best case scenerio? this is what BD has to look forward too?

that sucks.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
This is just getting out of freaking control... I swear, it's almost like the players want to have like 5 good teams and the rest AWFUL teams... They all wanna go to "good teams"... Jesus... It's spreading like wildfire... Damn you Shaq!!!
funny how its always the star players demanding trades - yet they dont realize they are the ones being paid to make the teams winners! idiots...

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by <b>NugzFan</b>!

not that i agree with demanding a trade, but if everything goes right, the hornets MIGHT have a shot at 8th? this is the best case scenerio? this is what BD has to look forward too?

that sucks.
Yeah, but what is gonna stop about 150 other players from saying they want to be traded to a contender? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I think from all the guys that have demanded trades, Davis has the worst argument so far.

And his agent saying they are demanding to much of him as an All-Star ... what the hell is that ... isn't that what being an All-Star all about?

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
Baron has to himself to blame. No one told him to sign that huge deal with the Hornets. He has no leverage and he has been fat and injured the past two years.

I say to Baron tough noogies mother******.
My sentiments exactly. Funny how he didn't think twice about re-signing with NO for the max a few years ago. Now that he has his money he wants to be traded too. "Tough ****" is exactly what I'd say to Baron. Even if he were to be dealt, I don't think that teams would be lining up for his services. Sure, some teams would want him but I'd be hesitant to pay $12-13 million a year to an overweight, injury-prone, shot happy PG.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts