Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/sportsstory/hornets21.html

The talks come two weeks after Davis, entering his third year in the NBA, switched agents from Arn Tellem to Jerome Stanley, and just days after a report in the New York Post that Stanley informed the Hornets that Davis would not sign a contract extension with New Orleans and that Davis would like to be traded to New York, Chicago or a team on the West Coast.

I've been busy the last couple of days, one car died and I bought another one yesterday- did I miss this? I've still been reading the boards as much as possible, Baron Davis would welcome a trade to Chicago?

With Baron allegedly telling Charlotte he won't sign an extension, they just about have to trade him. And who better to get than the best PG prospect to come out since... I don't know, Magic?

Man, if we can get Baron for JayWill, it would be the best draft night for the Bulls since...

Well, since we got TC for Brand and we got Eddy the same night.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I'm not sure if he necessarily wants to be traded, but he is saying that if he is traded, those are teams that he wouldn't mind going to...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
The Hornets are crazy if they trade him. He's a great player. And will be a superstar PG.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I think he already is a superstar PG. His great performances in the playoffs showed that....

I agree with you that the Hornets would be crazy to trade him, but they don't have a good history of keeping their star players...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if he necessarily wants to be traded, but he is saying that if he is traded, those are teams that he wouldn't mind going to...

"Stanley informed the Hornets that Davis would not sign a contract extension with New Orleans and that Davis would like to be traded"

Davis is unavailable for comment, but if that report is accurate, his agent is saying in no uncertain terms that Davis wants to be traded.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Yeah, but that sounds a little shaky. I mean, they are trying to say that the agent said that Baron said that he doesn't want to sign unless he gets an extension...

Lets just see what happens...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by KC
Yeah, but that sounds a little shaky. I mean, they are trying to say that the agent said that Baron said that he doesn't want to sign unless he gets an extension...

Lets just see what happens...
Actually, Baron has said (his agent said) that he doesn't want to sign an extension, meaning he wants to become a free agent.

Baron is already under contract for next season, and he can't leave next summer as Charlotte will have the right to match any offer because he's only a restricted free agent.

If he doesn't want to sign an extension NOW, when he's eligible for the same extension he can get in 2 years, it means that he wants to be traded.

But it all depends on whether Davis really doesn't want to sign an extension- if Charlotte offers him one July 1 and he doesn't take it, it will definitely mean that he wants to be traded (or he will bolt when he's a FA).

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I know. These last few weeks have been a dream as far as PR goes. People are starting to realize that Jerry Krause is smarter than he looks and they are taking the young Bulls seriously.....

The draft is approaching every second! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would tend to be skeptical about this report given that it has been repeated by no other source. This surely would be big time news if the situation was as plain as the article makes out.

However there is no denying that this would make the Bulls a lock for the playoffs and maybe further. If only we could get P.J Brown included some how.

Even with JWill they will still be short on guards, wasn't Drew the first guard off the bench? I wonder if they would be interested in ERob or Hassell? Would they go all out for a team overhall and trade Davis & P.J for JWill & Hassell?

·
Beat The Heat
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by fear7
Would they go all out for a team overhall and trade Davis & P.J for JWill & Hassell?
Why does it seem like alot of people want the Bulls to trade Hassell? I think Hassell has more of an upside than Crawford does now. Hassell plays better defense than Jamal, and can score just as good or better than him.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by AnaMayShun

Why does it seem like alot of people want the Bulls to trade Hassell? I think Hassell has more of an upside than Crawford does now. Hassell plays better defense than Jamal, and can score just as good or better than him.
I don't think a lot of people want to trade Hassell, it's just that he has a very high trade value.

He's a good defender, he can score, but most importantly, he's signed (for the minimum) for next season with a team option for his 3rd season, meaning he's cheap AND his team will have his full Bird Rights when he's a free agent.

·
Beat The Heat
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by BullsNews
I don't think a lot of people want to trade Hassell, it's just that he has a very high trade value.

He's a good defender, he can score, but most importantly, he's signed (for the minimum) for next season with a team option for his 3rd season, meaning he's cheap AND his team will have his full Bird Rights when he's a free agent.
Ok, thanks for clarifying this for me. I understand why i see his name in alot of trade proposals here. But i think Crawford has a higher trade value. I think the Wiz are really interested in him. I wonder what the Bulls can get for him from the Wiz.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Originally posted by BullsNews

And that is exactly why I don't see us trading him.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here's the most recent media blurb on Baron Davis, taken from Monday's Sun-Times:

... Sources say All-Star point guard Baron Davis still wants out from the New Orleans Hornets, and they are quietly trying to accommodate him. One rumor has the Los Angeles Clippers signing free agent Jeff McInnis, then packaging him and Lamar Odom in a deal to get Davis.

That would make the Hornets earlier statements about not trading him nothing more than a smokescreen to keep trade discussions out of the New Orleans headlines. It makes you wonder if Krause has been in contact with the Hornets afterall.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hassell will be in his second year. Trade proposals already? Give the team a chance to jell. Some people expect 1st year players to put up 25 pts a game. They say the guy is young, has a good shot, is a good defender......then"Hey we can trade him too.........". Let these guys jell please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts