Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, B davis has asked and demanded a trade from the new orleans hornets. we should give our first rounder for davis in my opinion. big playmaker. and him an kobe can make up the scoring in shaq's absence. Kobe, Davis, and Odom. pretty good attack.
 

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Whips02</b>!
ok guys, B davis has asked and demanded a trade from the new orleans hornets. we should give our first rounder for davis in my opinion. big playmaker. and him an kobe can make up the scoring in shaq's absence. Kobe, Davis, and Odom. pretty good attack.
A first rounder.. for Baron Davis.. interesting.. but you may have to increase your offer just a little bit..
 

·
Home where I wanted to go
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
NO would never make that trade. Even if they did, I wouldn't really want him. I used to be a big Baron Davis fan but not anymore. He's gone from a slim, dynamic, flashy PG to a fat, shot happy, injury-prone whiner. I probably wouldn't even deal Caron Butler for him. That's what I think of Baron Davis.
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!
NO would never make that trade. Even if they did, I wouldn't really want him. I used to be a big Baron Davis fan but not anymore. He's gone from a slim, dynamic, flashy PG to a fat, shot happy, injury-prone whiner. I probably wouldn't even deal Caron Butler for him. That's what I think of Baron Davis.
Didn't he lose alot of weight last summer? :whoknows:
 

·
Home where I wanted to go
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!


Didn't he lose alot of weight last summer? :whoknows:
Hasn't Shaq supposedly lost alot of weight for the past 5 years? Do you notice any difference when you see him play?
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Whips02</b>!
we should give our first rounder for davis in my opinion.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!


Hasn't Shaq supposedly lost alot of weight for the past 5 years? Do you notice any difference when you see him play?
Well, I do know that Baron Davis lost a lot of weight last season. And if you want to go ahead and look at the stats...

02-03=17.1 ppg 6.4 apg 1.8 spg

After he lost alot of weight and hit the gym according no numerous reports

03-04=22.9 ppg 7.5 apg 2.4 spg

Although I do agree, Baron is a shot happy PG, that shoots way too many threes, and shoots a low percentage, and for his salary, I wouldn't want him either...
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!


Well, I do know that Baron Davis lost a lot of weight last season. And if you want to go ahead and look at the stats...

02-03=17.1 ppg 6.4 apg 1.8 spg

After he lost alot of weight and hit the gym according no numerous reports

03-04=22.9 ppg 7.5 apg 2.4 spg

Although I do agree, Baron is a shot happy PG, that shoots way too many threes, and shoots a low percentage, and for his salary, I wouldn't want him either...
And he still got hurt, because he still has a lot of bad weight on his body. He needs to get all the fat off. No reason why he shouldn't have a physique like Marbury. He has the body structure to be in tip top shape, but he just likes to eat too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!
I'd take him. Butler, Atkins, Grant, Rush; anybody except Kobe and Lamar I'd give up for Davis.

How about?

L.A. Lakers trades: SF Devean George (7.4 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes)
PG Chucky Atkins (8.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 24.1 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (9.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 29.8 minutes)
PF Luke Walton (2.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 10.1 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives: PG Baron Davis (22.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 7.5 apg in 40.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -4.5 ppg, -7.8 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis (22.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 7.5 apg in 40.1 minutes)
New Orleans receives: SF Devean George (7.4 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 82 games)
PG Chucky Atkins (8.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 64 games)
SF Caron Butler (9.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 68 games)
PF Luke Walton (2.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 72 games)
Change in team outlook: +4.5 ppg, +7.8 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to L.A. Lakers and New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.


Just messing around with senerios.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!
I'd take him. Butler, Atkins, Grant, Rush; anybody except Kobe and Lamar I'd give up for Davis.
I'm sorry I'm in the boat with you.

I'd give up anyone they wanted except for Kobe and odom.

I agree wiith all the above criticisms.

But he's waay too good a player not to have as your pg.

He wouldn't go on scoring binges playing with us. Those are saved for Kobe. The man dropped 7.5 apg last season.
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>U reach, I teach</b>!



How about?

L.A. Lakers trades: SF Devean George (7.4 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes)
PG Chucky Atkins (8.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 24.1 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (9.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 29.8 minutes)
PF Luke Walton (2.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 10.1 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives: PG Baron Davis (22.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 7.5 apg in 40.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -4.5 ppg, -7.8 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis (22.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 7.5 apg in 40.1 minutes)
New Orleans receives: SF Devean George (7.4 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 82 games)
PG Chucky Atkins (8.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 64 games)
SF Caron Butler (9.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 68 games)
PF Luke Walton (2.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 72 games)
Change in team outlook: +4.5 ppg, +7.8 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to L.A. Lakers and New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.


Just messing around with senerios.
I wouldn't give up Walton in that deal, because if we trade 3 SFs...we'd be left with Jumaine Jones to backup Lamar.
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
Lakers don’t need to trade Grant for a trade for Baron to work. He gets paid between $12-13M this season (or thereabouts), you wouldn’t need to trade more than Atkins, Cook, and George for the trade to work (and maybe a little cash in case it’s just outside the 15% mark).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!
Lakers don’t need to trade Grant for a trade for Baron to work. He gets paid between $12-13M this season (or thereabouts), you wouldn’t need to trade more than Atkins, Cook, and George for the trade to work (and maybe a little cash in case it’s just outside the 15% mark).
Well, that trade would be nothing short of orgasmic, but it ain't gonna happen.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top