Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Billy Baron went from the ACC to the A10 to the MAAC. I'd expect him to do well there since he did alright in the A10. I am also not overly surprised that Canisius is doing alright as I heard that Tom Parrotta was recruiting ok, but could not coach a lick. I know we have him on our bench, back at his alma mater and reunited with Tom Pecora.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
wait until February when they fall apart (sorry had to as a URI fan since I experienced it 4 years in a row)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Canisius is up to #148 in kenpom's rankings. I can't remember the last time they were above 250. I don't know how much of this is Baron and how much of it is the young talent that he inherited, but it will be interesting to see how their season plays out. Baron teams do seem to have a ceiling, but Baron's ceiling is about 18 floors above where Canisius has been residing over the last couple of decades so I hope they enjoy the view.

Despite what some of my fellow Bona fans have to say about the Griffs, a solid Canisius program would do wonders, albeit small wonders, for college basketball in WNY. That only helps Bona over the long-term.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts