Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trade JYD for Mckie...

Trade Fizer, Gill and/or future 1st rounder for Chucky Atkins and Carlos Delfino...
(would it take more or less?)

Now we're talking...

Atkins and McKie are both solid role players that can actually contribute off the bench and not just in garbage time.

Thanks to FJ for bringing up the whole Delfino scenario...

I still think we should and could move AD
for Al Harrington...(not just straight up, but we could try and do something).

So much we could do, and we do need to do something...

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
your 98% right. But Delfino aint going anywhere. They love that kid

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
your 98% right. But Delfino aint going anywhere. They love that kid
I know...

2 questions..

1. When is he coming over?

2. How is he going to get into the Detroit
lineup?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

I know...

2 questions..

1. When is he coming over?

2. How is he going to get into the Detroit
lineup?
let me see

1. No one knows. He says this next year. His club has a huge buyout on his deal for next year so I kind of doubt it. My guess is that he is not in a Piston Uniform until the year after next

2. Well they have Prince and Hamilton. Backing them up seems to be what Delfino would do in year one. He can play the 2 or 3. He might be able to get 20-25 mpg behind either of those 2.

Id like to reiterate that this kid was a steal. If he were playing for some college or had he not had ankle surgery and a huge buyout, we were talking top 12 pick easy. He is that good. he had his questions. one of which has been answered this year by his ankle holding up well. His buyout issue is one that requires patience. People love to bend over backwards to talk about Joe Dumars. And dumars has done good, esp with handling contracts. But that team is really ran by Tony Ronzone. Delfino is Ronzones boy. I would be shocked if they dealt him after waiting a year for him. But if he were available, id pursue him aggressively

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if Fizer and JYD are traded for Dooling, Ely and Mckie plus whatever other throw in we can find, It will be pretty underwhelming actually. If the C-Unit doesn't play, it won't matter.
It was nice (shocking) that Pax wanted a foriegner like Jaric

BTW, about the Delfinos of the world.
It was fun to see Paxson's light bulb go off over his head on foriegners last week. He actually told somebody the Bulls need to consider more foriegn players.....Really?

It hurts to see the Planinics and the Pachulias and the Ginobilis and Parkers and the Welches and whoever else gettingscooped up by trades, and tradeups, or just smart drafting....while the Bulls sit back and get the Mario Austins and Tommy Smiths of the world without trying to make a move besides trading another beaut like Matt Bonner for a future pick (wich i'll be shocked if it turns into a smart deal for a foriegn guy.

Pax has shown he can botch a second round as good as anybody, and he sure isn't aggresive or creative in aquiring foreign players yet.
I hope he was serious, because its time for some talent scouting

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

let me see

1. No one knows. He says this next year. His club has a huge buyout on his deal for next year so I kind of doubt it. My guess is that he is not in a Piston Uniform until the year after next

2. Well they have Prince and Hamilton. Backing them up seems to be what Delfino would do in year one. He can play the 2 or 3. He might be able to get 20-25 mpg behind either of those 2.

Id like to reiterate that this kid was a steal. If he were playing for some college or had he not had ankle surgery and a huge buyout, we were talking top 12 pick easy. He is that good. he had his questions. one of which has been answered this year by his ankle holding up well. His buyout issue is one that requires patience. People love to bend over backwards to talk about Joe Dumars. And dumars has done good, esp with handling contracts. But that team is really ran by Tony Ronzone. Delfino is Ronzones boy. I would be shocked if they dealt him after waiting a year for him. But if he were available, id pursue him aggressively
RLucas, did you hear about Dumars hinting about a big trade?

I posted about it the other day, and I don't think he was referring to Fizer and Gill for Corliss...

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

RLucas, did you hear about Dumars hinting about a big trade?

I posted about it the other day, and I don't think he was referring to Fizer and Gill for Corliss...
he said something about that. I read your post. If Delfino is part of it, that would be interesting. Jeez, with them, I have no clue who they could be after or what they would deal. That team excels on its chemistry. It would seem to me a big star would screw that team up. It will be interesting to see who they would go after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts