Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bash attendees, here's the 'official' timeline of events:

4:00pm: Pre-Bash Reception (Cucina Cucina at the Rose Quarter Commons)
5:30pm: Rose Garden Doors Open
5:30 - 7:00pm: Special guests will visit the boxes including the Blazer Broadcasters (yep, including Schonz!), sign up for the prediction game for GREAT prizes, sign up for Door Prizes, visit and get to know each other.
7:00pm: Game Time!
Halftime: Door prizes distributed
Post Game: Prediction Game winners receive prizes, post-game reception at Cucina Cucina?

PBF

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Sounds fun!! I had a great time meatting people last year, this will be exciting to reaquain uourselves with each other as well as meet people who were unable to attend last year!!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I just got an e-mail from blazers.com that I thought people might be interested in. It was a message about their Super Star Packs but the part that I am sharing was a link at the bottom. It was a link for a computer mouse giveaway to the first 5,000 fans. It said the game against the Mavericks on the 15th but I knew that the game is on the 17th. I clicked on the link and the site still said the 15th but I clicked on a further link on the site and the new site said the 17th. Anyway, here is the message on the first site with the part I wanted to see if people knew about in bold.

Southwest Airlines is handing out Blazers computer mice to the first 5,000 fans attending the January 15 Blazers vs. Dallas Mavericks game.

The January 15 game is also a Faith and Family Night. You can get discounted tickets, free $3 food vouchers, pre-game chat with a Blazer, Harlem Globetrotter, Team Chaplain Al Egg and Blaze.

Groups with 25 people or more will also receive their group name on the big screen and a post-game shot on the Blazers’ court for everyone in the group.

Tickets for the game are as low as $15. Reds ($15), Purples: ($19), and Yellow: ($39).

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>gambitnut</b>!
Groups with 25 people or more will also receive their group name on the big screen and a post-game shot on the Blazers’ court for everyone in the group.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My dream is about to come true!!!!! Get ready for my Steve Smith free throw, everybody!!

Banana dance for Steve Smith!

:gbanana: :wbanana: :cbanana: :bbanana: :vbanana: :banana: :rbanana:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Loyalty4Life</b>!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My dream is about to come true!!!!! Get ready for my Steve Smith free throw, everybody!!

Banana dance for Steve Smith!

:gbanana: :wbanana: :cbanana: :bbanana: :vbanana: :banana: :rbanana:
I really believe that happens on the 15th and not the 17th. We are checking into it. So I am not sure that we will have a chance to go to the floor and shoot.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!

I really believe that happens on the 15th and not the 17th. We are checking into it. So I am not sure that we will have a chance to go to the floor and shoot.
The e-mail and first site said the 15th, the second site said the 17th, but ALL of them said the Mavericks.

Either way, they need to get SOMETHING fixed.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts

Oh. Well, if it's determined that it's not meant for the Dallas game, I understand. Let's hope it's not though!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts

Did you hear anything yet?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Gym Rat -

Any word on if we'll be able to shoot a basket after the game, or is that for tonight's game?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
FWIW..tonight at the Phoenix game...they shot T-shirts right smack into the very boxes the party will be in.
:)
Did you happen to notice if any group(s) of people went down to the floor and did a little shootaround?

:angel:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

Did you happen to notice if any group(s) of people went down to the floor and did a little shootaround?
I got an e-mail from one of the Blazer people, re: shooting on the court.

Thank you for your inquiry. As to your question, yes, the game against the Mavericks on the 17th is a game where if you have groups of over 25, you each get to shoot 1 basketball on the court. We invite all of our great fans to shoot on the court. However, you must be over 21 to participate, for various legal reasons. I hope that answers your question. Feel free to contact us again with any of your questions at [email protected].

Janet Howling,

www.Blazers.com

hopefully no one takes this post seriously..I was hoping the "under 21 not allowed" thing was a dead giveaway..:angel:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

No-sure didn't...they started playing that "Look on the bright side of life" song and folks were just trying to get out. The mood was very low last night.

They started that about 2 months ago...playing that song after a loss... It is extremely annoying!

I'd like to do that shoot around myself...

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I have to admit, that song annoyed me too!

I am in communication with our account exec concerning the shooting on the court. The info from feedback listed above is different from what he told me so we are working on it.

I will post when I get the final answer.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
I have to admit, that song annoyed me too!

I am in communication with our account exec concerning the shooting on the court. The info from feedback listed above is different from what he told me so we are working on it.

I will post when I get the final answer.
if you're reffering to my post...it was made up....:angel:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Here is the deal... the free throwing shooting is not for our group but they have agreed to let us participate. You do NOT have to be 21 years old. Those that want to participate need to meet at section 112 following the game and will get one shoot from the foul line.

The only thing I see as an issue is POST game, we will be handing out the prizes from the prediction game. And, after many of you see SOME of the prizes, I think you might want to stick around to see if you won or not. You cannot leave the Blazer Box, go to the floor and shoot and then come back to the Blazer box.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
Will the prediction game be played in the boxes or here on the BBB?
Both places - BUT - to win the prizes at the game, you have to sign up prior to tip off at the game.

Gramps will be armed with a laptop and ready to go.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Hmmm....

Gym Rat, would it be okay if my dad could stay up in the box after the game and claim any possible prizes that Saxon, 4FS, or myself wins while we go to the floor and shoot a FT?

That would work really well for us. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts