Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ESPNSteinLine: Raps G Jerryd Bayless is now unrestricted free agent, agent Jeff Schwartz tells ESPN. Raps have pulled qualifying offer to make Bayless UFA
Literally ... WTF?

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Wouldn't mind Dallas taking a waiver on this guy. We're desperate and could do worse.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
seriously why do ppl even miss this guy? sure he's got talent but it just wasn't a good fit. i think he can go on to be a good bench player for teams and maybe he's got some potential to have similar success as ramon sessions. but it wasn't going to happen with this team. this is the best for both sides.

i'm glad the raptors recognized this and moved on. he had his chances with this team, even if interrupted with injuries here and there. he's shown enough so that other teams may be interested in him. all the best to him.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My surprise was more at the fact we pulled the offer. It reflects poorly on us as an organisation.

Bayless isn't needed, I agree with that.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
My surprise was more at the fact we pulled the offer. It reflects poorly on us as an organisation.

Bayless isn't needed, I agree with that.

He could have signed the QO right after we offered it. He did not. He wanted to shop himself around for a better deal, which is his right, but by doing so he gave up the security of the QO and Raps did nothing wrong by deciding to take it off the table.

He apparently just signed with MEM for 2 years. Less than the QO by the way.

I think the Raps could have kept Bayless, Weems, and maybe JJ for less than they paid for Fields. And been better off doing so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts