Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

661 - 680 of 711 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I don't see the big deal with people acting like Spitta really did something that different with this. He made a couple mainstream concessions but this is the same sleepy observational project he's been making.

And Wale is so obnoxious. That song was birthed in bad enegry :2ti: Did you see the video where they were all chilling in the studio and he barges in all loud and banging on drums and shit...they looked so blown

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
Wale peaked in '08, I haven't liked anything he has put out since then.

I just checked that video out lol those guys were too high.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Wale fell off when he became exactly what he tried to parody coming up

Dude had no fight. He went from a pretty good introspective rapper/lyricist to just another wordplay/punchline guy you can get on a feature or make a girl record for

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
lol, yep.

Him and B.o.B. both sold out pretty hard, but with how my tastes have changed over the past few years I doubt I would be checking for them anyways even if they didn't. Only reason I knew B.o.B. had a new album was because my friends at school love him for some reason lol

I've been digging Mobb Deep a lot lately. The Infamous is undeniable, but I've been digging Amerikaz Nightmare a lot, mainly the Alc produced joints. "When You Hear The" was the intro for a DJ on a Toledo radio station back in the day (DJ Kaj Boogie I believe). Alchemist is so underrated in the grand scheme of things (props on that selection in the draft too by the way), but he was producer of the year in 2011 for the Curren$y and Evidence records alone.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Wale vs Papoose would be an epic battle. The crown for King Corny MC would be on the line.

Rappin ass rappers for raps sake.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
One time a buddy and myself went to FYE and we were joking around that we were going to buy every Dipset CD and Dipset related CD, both group and solo. Keep in mind, this was when Juelz dropped his joint and when "Ballin" was the super smash hit.

After five minutes I had a stack of like 20 CD's in my hand and they had to kick us out.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
The Curren$y album is top notch.

BTW, what's the verdict on Death Grips? I've heard things, but haven't seen enough good word of mouth to motivate me to give it a listen yet.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Whose it by?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
No, that's the name of the group. They just put out their first album in 2012. It's not like pure hip-hop, but fused with other types of sounds which is the kind of description that turns me off.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
lol, yep.

Him and B.o.B. both sold out pretty hard, but with how my tastes have changed over the past few years I doubt I would be checking for them anyways even if they didn't. Only reason I knew B.o.B. had a new album was because my friends at school love him for some reason lol
True story I was in the bathroom today and this track came on my Itunes.....I'm like :kobe1: what the hell is this American Apparel elevator music on my speaker...I got in and it's the BOB song with Rivers Cuomo on it from the last album.

BOB could've been what Big Krit wants to be, but instead he just sold all the way out. And people act like if he did a straight forward rap album he'd be limiting himself, but Cee-Lo goes all over the map on his projects and the shit is good. Even Love Below was better than that trash :favre:

I've been digging Mobb Deep a lot lately. The Infamous is undeniable, but I've been digging Amerikaz Nightmare a lot, mainly the Alc produced joints. "When You Hear The" was the intro for a DJ on a Toledo radio station back in the day (DJ Kaj Boogie I believe). Alchemist is so underrated in the grand scheme of things (props on that selection in the draft too by the way), but he was producer of the year in 2011 for the Curren$y and Evidence records alone.
Covert Coup is a classic to me. That was such an underrated moment, I wish that was getting the attention Currensy's new shit is getting. And Alchemist, well I think in another 5-7 years you have to look at him as a legend and probably a third tier producer all-time.

But yeah, Mobb Deep is just too dope, and I don't see how any boom bap fan can front on Havoc's production

What's ill about that is, Q-Tip taught Havoc how to produce and in some spots straight up crafted stuff for them on The Infamous...so you look at Tip like this folksy Native Tongues guy but his production by extension birthed one of the grimiest, best albums of all time.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
My brother had AZ's Pieces of Man album back in the day. I used to listen too it a lot, but never really processed how dope it was.

Listening to it now and man...AZ was so ill.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
True story I was in the bathroom today and this track came on my Itunes.....I'm like :kobe1: what the hell is this American Apparel elevator music on my speaker...I got in and it's the BOB song with Rivers Cuomo on it from the last album.

BOB could've been what Big Krit wants to be, but instead he just sold all the way out. And people act like if he did a straight forward rap album he'd be limiting himself, but Cee-Lo goes all over the map on his projects and the shit is good. Even Love Below was better than that trash :favre:

Covert Coup is a classic to me. That was such an underrated moment, I wish that was getting the attention Currensy's new shit is getting. And Alchemist, well I think in another 5-7 years you have to look at him as a legend and probably a third tier producer all-time.

But yeah, Mobb Deep is just too dope, and I don't see how any boom bap fan can front on Havoc's production

What's ill about that is, Q-Tip taught Havoc how to produce and in some spots straight up crafted stuff for them on The Infamous...so you look at Tip like this folksy Native Tongues guy but his production by extension birthed one of the grimiest, best albums of all time.
That "Magic" joint? :laugh: I hated that song.

I love Covert Coup too. I would say thats Currensy's best project thus far, although both of those Pilot Talks hit a lot for me (especially #2). That album (Pilot Talk 2) is the ultimate "kick back, and smoke a joint" project, which is probably why I liked it so much originally, although even now I still love it and I rarely ever smoke. Spitta is that dude though, him and Blu are my two favorite rappers doing it currently.

Tip is a top 5-7 producer ever for me and I've felt that way since I heard Lyrics To Go/God Lives Through back to back for the first time. I'm a Tribe stan, but Tip is that ****ing dude.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Currensy has a better catalog than a lot of legends, actually. This Ain't No Mixtape, Pilot Talk, Pilot Talk 2, Covert Coup, Weekend at Burnie's, The Stoned Immaculate. None of them are bad or even average.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #679
Whats everyone been bumping lately?

'93 til Infinity- Souls of Mischief
Moment Of Truth- Gang Starr
Uptown Saturday Night- Camp Lo

Thats what I've been on heavy lately.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Been jumping around some playlists lately. The last full project I listened to was probably Skyzoo's 'Theo vs JJ' tape.

661 - 680 of 711 Posts