Jimmy Butler
Tyreke Evans
Arron Afflalo
Kyle Korver
Dion Waiters

·
Registered
97 Posts
As much as I hate to do it I have to vote Harden by default of how weak the SG spot is right now. It's hard to call a player who doesn't even know what the word defense means as the best at his position but sadly it's pretty clear that he is.

Also for lack of a better choice I'm going to nominate Wade, although I strongly considered going DeRozan based off Wade declining. If Dragic ends up being voted a SG he moves both Harden and Wade down a slot.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Ugh.

Harden, and Wade.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I completely get the Harden disdain but I don't see who I can put over him when Kobe isn't healthy.

Vote for Harden.

Nominate Kobe.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I think I'd rather have Manu unless my team is awful and no one could score. Pretty much take the sixth best point guard over any of them. Hell we call Montae a two guard and he's probably up there too, you're not talking about much of a choice

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'd rather have Manu unless my team is awful and no one could score. Pretty much take the sixth best point guard over any of them. Hell we call Montae a two guard and he's probably up there too, you're not talking about much of a choice
That's interesting, I think that for one single playoff series you can definitely make a case for Ginobili as the guy you take, this considering Kobe's injury. Ginobili has never been a number one option, but has definitely played a share of games where he easily could have been the number one option.

Although it makes me wonder if Ginobili playing with Duncan and Parker has been able to hide some of his deficiencies - Harden looked like a much more complete player back on the Thunder, but when he became the number one option in Houston we started seeing more flaws in his game.

·
Put some respeck on ma name!
30,063 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
As much as I hate to do it I have to vote Harden by default of how weak the SG spot is right now. It's hard to call a player who doesn't even know what the word defense means as the best at his position but sadly it's pretty clear that he is.

Also for lack of a better choice I'm going to nominate Wade, although I strongly considered going DeRozan based off Wade declining. If Dragic ends up being voted a SG he moves both Harden and Wade down a slot.
I'm going to assume you forgot about Beal and Thompson because until Wade can prove he can stay healthy and be consistently effective you can't put him above anybody. Same goes for Kobe in my opinion, until we see how he comes back I don't know how we can really rank him.

Vote: Harden

Nominate: Beal

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Harden beats Kobe by 2 votes, and all the Kobe votes are from Laker fans.

Who is number 2? Your options are

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
DeMar DeRozan
Manu Ginobili
Bradley Beal

If a player is not on your nominated list you can still vote him in. The nominations kind of serve as a guide, so you have a pool of players to keep in mind when voting.

I'm going Mamba, which is kind of an insult to Wade. Kobe is Kobe, and I think a guy like Jeremy Lin can really help him out because he may be the best point guard Kobe has ever played with (keeping in mind Nash is way out his prime).

I nominate Lance Stephenson.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Kobe, nominate Klay Thompson because he's better than DeRozan/Manu/Beal at this point in time. Also nominate Wesley Matthews and Joe Johnson.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Something wrong, young grasshopper?
Young grasshopper?

And yes you picked a guy that hasn't played in over a year( with the exception of like 5 games) and has had two major injuries and he's going into 19th season with 55,000 total minutes and 1,500 games under his belt. Not sure how you can think he is going to come back and be better than some of the young guys.

And then there's Wade who has barely had "flashes" of Flash lately and has had his scoring drop each of the last 6 seasons. So unless you are expecting him to all of a sudden show that he is a team player and actually put the work in and make an effort I don't see how you put him up there.

That would be similar to putting Derrick Rose as the #1 PG

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Kobe, nominate Klay Thompson because he's better than DeRozan/Manu/Beal at this point in time. Also nominate Wesley Matthews and Joe Johnson.
Just curious, but why do you think Klay is better than Beal? Not saying you're necessarily wrong just curious about your reasoning.

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know you asked for his opinion, but as a Warriors fan, Klay is an incredibly versatile player that can play and guard all three perimeter positions, granted he is a natural wing. He is a great defender due to his length and has a high basketball IQ, really understands spacing.

Give him the benefit of two years of playoff experience on a very competitive team, and he made the second most threes in the league last year behind Steph.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Just curious, but why do you think Klay is better than Beal? Not saying you're necessarily wrong just curious about your reasoning.
At this point they have a relatively similar game. I think from an overall skill level Klay is ahead of him, but he's also taller and has proved to be a more efficient shooter on more attempts (though both are knock down deep threats). Since they do comparable in a lot of ways but Klay is taller and more proven, it is what it is. Both guys could end up being one of the best SG's in the next few years, but at this point they are comparable with Klay being more proven.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts