Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by KC

LOL, not smart enough. Well, I don't have the same knowledge as you. You know which players are gonna be good 3 years down the road because you played a sim before.... Seriously, just drop it. I don't care, it's just that I brought up an example trade to show how others feel when you make a one-sided deal.
yeah, and about half the GMs in here have "played a sim before". If you can just read the ratings:rolleyes:

ANYWAY: to keep this league fair, I am starting over, keeping the rosters as they are. NO TRADES UNTIL I SAY, WHICH WILL BE AFTER I GET THE FULL VERSION. When trading begins, I will not allow a trade that is totally lopsided, as some have pointed out here. If I am involved in the trade, I will leave it up to someone else to point out that it is totally one sided.

Sorry, but this is the only way to keep people from calling me "cheater".

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I didn't call you a cheater, I just think the trades so far have been, as you say "lopsided".

·
Registered
423 Posts
mduke this is so unfair! i've spent so long trying to get a great roster and when i finally do you reset the league? just because somebody called you a cheater? who cares what they think! please dont do this

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry PT, I worked hard too........ I deleted all the trades......I really wanted everyone to wait on trading until i got the site up anyway, as I posted that in the other thread......If you did it once, you can do it again.
Your roster was one of the ones causing controversy, as you traded basically nothing for McDyess, Tskita, and Camby.
Again, I am sorry to all that made trades, but by the requests of many GMs, I am restarting the league.:(

·
Registered
423 Posts
oh my god this is bull! why do you care so much about what other people think?why are you letting the people that called you a liar win?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't made any trades, so it doesn't affect me either way. However, my question is this: why did you guys make trades in the first place? Anyone who's done FBB before knows that it's impossible to make every player the way they are in the NBA. It's duke's league, so the player ratings are at his discretion. If we allow all the trades to go through, some of you will undoubtedly be upset when you find out that duke might not think as highly of your player as you do.

Why not wait until the actual ratings are posted, instead of trading based on this guessing game that we're doing now? It would make a lot more sense. It doesn't mean that you can't talk deals... doesn't mean you can't make "wink wink" deals. Just wait until you actually see the ratings before you officially confirm things. It's only logical.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basically because you took advantage of other owners, (as some say I did too). I want this to be a fun league, and it will be, but not if there are only 2 or 3 good teams competing every year. If you dont like it, fine by me, I've got people who would like in this league.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by ptstyle272
mduke if you think this is the best thing to do then whatever my oppinion doesnt matter anyway
Don't be bitter about it. Just work out fair trades instead of one-sided ones....

·
Registered
423 Posts
by the way kc did you make any trades. if not i can see why your not mad at all.if you had the team that i had you would be a little bitter to

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally posted by ptstyle272
by the way kc did you make any trades. if not i can see why your not mad at all.if you had the team that i had you would be a little bitter to
How did you get that team? No...it can't be from uneven trades.

·
Registered
423 Posts
denver recieves

brad miller-$4,800,000

ron mercer-$7,363,636

jamison brewer-$512,435

jeff foster-$1,571,335

first round pick 2003

2004 second rounder

indiana recieves

marcus camby-$6,750,000

james posey-$1,723,606

Nickoloz Tskitishvili-$2,530,920

mark jackson-$4,220,000

2003 1st rounder

this was a fair trade

mark jackson is old and jamison brewer is yound plus his potential is a B

marcus camby gets hurt but is a good inside player
brad miller has not been hurt and can shoot from outside

ron mercer is just as good if not better than james posey

and a first and second round pick plus jeff foster is a fair trade for skitishvilli

this trade sounded fair to me

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Posey- C+ B- C A- C B
Mercer-C+ C+ C C+ C- C

Tsikta- C+ B- C- B- C A
Foster- C+ D+ D+ B+ B+ C

Camby- B- D+ D A- B+ C
Miller- B C- C- B+ B+ B

Jackson-C B+ A B- C- C
Brewer- C D C- C+ D- B

Don't tell me this is even

Mercer- way worse than Posey
Tskita- way better than Foster
Camby- isn't plagued by injuries, so they are about the same.
Jackson- much better than Brewer

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by mduke
yeah, you could argue, but you'd be wrong! Look at the ratings! You have NOTHING to back up your statements.
LMAO! :laugh:

mduke, you read my mind. I was going to say, "You could argue, but you have no argument" LOL

·
Registered
423 Posts
the skita foster part of the trade was justified by the first and second round picks.

and the two grade diifferances with the posey foster part was also taken care of by the first round pick given

and jackson is older than brewer and brewers potential was a b

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL. This trade is nowhere near even, you know it, i know it, and everyone else knows it. Please put all your arguments in one post next time.

Jamison Brewer will never ammount to anything like mark jackson, whoopy, he has a B in potential. He is at best a backup PG and always will be.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.