Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full link

Changes would come in two areas: Modification of the eight computer polls and the addition of a human oversight committee.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
How about

they tweak this monstrosity of an idea into the ****can and get a freakin' playoff format set-up for the top 4 or 8 freakin' teams!

Don't give me any crap that it would be tough to schedule, or they would lose money. Bullsh*t. The freakin' bowl games start in the 2nd week of Dec now, and run til almost the middle of freakin' Jan.

The can have an 8 team playoff done in 3 weeks.... and they can play the National Championship on New Year's Day evening like THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO BY DECREE OF MAN AND LAW OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can rotate the playoff sites and the championship between the major bowls, and they can still play all the other worthless bowls too.

Chr*st all mighty, why don't they put a freakin' football fan in charge of this mess and we would get a true National Championship via a playoff format, instead of some computer generated/media driven circus of a BCS.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i would love for them to have a playoffs.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
They obviously need a playoff season to eliminate all the controversy. There's nothing worse then a tie (Michigan-Nebraska '97). If they put in 8 teams then nobody can complain. Some people might complain that they are taking the kids out of school, but D1 does it and so does D2 and i never hear anyone complain. If anybody thinks those kids are there for school then they're an idiot anyway. Until you get a playoff the system will always be flawed.

PS-They shouldn't have included the Rose Bowl in the BCS. Too much tradition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts