Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked this particular quote by Webster in Today's Columbian Report on Randolph's and Miles' leadership....

"When they (Zach and Darius) play hard, then we all play hard," Webster said. "Our heart beats with them."

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Should be "Our hearts beat with them," but it's still a nice quote.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It's a fairly good statement. I think it's been shown to be true so far, also, consider:

Blazer Blog said:
It's early, but...
Zach Randolph and Darius Miles are each averaging more than 20 ppg through four games this season.

There are ony five other tandems in the NBA who can say that. They are: Iverson/Webber, Jefferson/Carter, Arenas/Jamison, Duncan/Parker and Brand/Maggette.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Not if he's referring to the team's heart, the beating Trailblazer heart.
If he's referring to the team's collective heart, then Zach and Miles are part of that, and it wouldn't make sense to say "Our heart beats with them."

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's a nice quote. Enough with the grammar persnicketys.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Talkhard said:
If he's referring to the team's collective heart, then Zach and Miles are part of that, and it wouldn't make sense to say "Our heart beats with them."
Our more likely the rest of the team which is what he was talking about. Our, the rest of the team, hearts beat as one with them.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Talkhard said:
Should be "Our hearts beat with them," but it's still a nice quote.
Actually, "Our hearts beat with theirs" is correct. :D

The sentiment is strong, and right on. Miles is starting to blossom, and Zach is back -- now, to get Zach passing and Miles more consistent.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was a failed attempt at some sort of metaphor involving artichokes.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
mgb said:
Our more likely the rest of the team which is what he was talking about. Our, the rest of the team, hearts beat as one with them.
I read the article and it did look wrong when I read it. I even put it the right way when I was defending how he put it. DOH!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts