Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....is 2 hours away...OU vs. OSU in Stillwater...

Thoughts? Predictions?

OSU- 59
OU- 56

OU just isn't healthy enough to beat a quality team...and OSU in my mind is one of the more underrated teams in the country. I've seen them in person probably about 5 times this year already, and they've got some really nice players...

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
like others, I seriously over-rated the Sooners this season. Too bad, I could not see the game. I was watching the KU/KSU game

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!
No way. Even though OU was ridiculously overrated, they're the better team. OSU doesn't have anything offensively to be able to keep up.
Somehow, this prediction, from this poster, doesn't surprise me.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
what has happened to oklahoma?? the ground has fallen out from under them. oklahoma state just blew them off the floor. i didn't see a whole lot of the game, but based on what i've seen of them before the game i'm quite surprised. they didn't look all that impressive against texas tech or pepperdine, which is the only two times i'd seen them prior to this.

is oklahoma state on a major upswing or is oklahoma just absolutely self destructing??

·
Registered
11 Posts
The way this season has been going, almost any team in the Big 12 can beat another on a given night. Especially if it is a big rivalry game such as the Sooners and Cowboys. Kansas had all they could handle at home against their in-state rival. There are no dominant teams this year in the conference. If you don't come to play everynight, you will be beaten. I do not see a lot of difference between any of the top 8 or 9 teams in the league. The team that can take care of its homecourt and pull out about 1/2 of their road games should win the regular season championship.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>xubrew</b>!
what has happened to oklahoma?? the plane has just crashed into the mountain. oklahoma state just blew them off the floor. i didn't see a whole lot of the game, but based on what i've seen of them before the game i'm quite surprised. they didn't look all that impressive against texas tech or pepperdine, which is the only two times i'd seen them prior to this.

is oklahoma state on a major upswing or is oklahoma just absolutely self destructing??
that plane comment about your analogy to OU, i felt that might be a littl inapproatie in this thread. Why? Okie State plane 2 seasons ago after leaving Denver crashed. Not in a mountian though

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
-OU was overrated. To think that a team with 8 freshman and sophomores would do anything worthwhile is a joke...not to mention their 2 best players, Bookout and Alexander, have major shoulder problems. Bookout could be gone for the season any day now...They're a year or 2 away from being an elite team again IMO.

- OSU was underrated. They're a much more talented team than last year's team...the newcomers are unbelievable. (Lucas, Bobik, Joey and Stevie Graham). They can run with any team in the country...but they're not a very good half-court team at all.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!

that plane comment about your analogy to OU, i felt that might be a littl inapproatie in this thread. Why? Okie State plane 2 seasons ago after leaving Denver crashed. Not in a mountian though

my apologies for this comment. that was not what i was referencing. it was just a foot in the mouth on my part. i meant it as a figure of speech and had completely forgotten about that. i did not mean to offend anyone by it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.