Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Stars traded Ed Belfour, a soon-to-be free agent, and Cameron Mann to the Predators for David Gosselin and a fifth-round pick in next year's NHL draft. Do you think that this is a good trade for the Stars?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I don't know the other two players that were involved in the trade so I couldn't tell you. But this is in most likelihood similar to the Theo Fleury trade to the Sharks. The Predators probably will not sign Belfour. When Belfour signs with another team Nashville will now get the compensation, coming in the form of the draft. That's what I would assume.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by jvanbusk
I don't know the other two players that were involved in the trade so I couldn't tell you. But this is in most likelihood similar to the Theo Fleury trade to the Sharks. The Predators probably will not sign Belfour. When Belfour signs with another team Nashville will now get the compensation, coming in the form of the draft. That's what I would assume.
That is true. I think he will be in Detroit taking over for Hasek. If Nashville does sign him, maybe it would give the team some credibility and a big named player, but he will not sign.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by MAVSFAN

That is true. I think he will be in Detroit taking over for Hasek. If Nashville does sign him, maybe it would give the team some credibility and a big named player, but he will not sign.
I'd actually rather have Nashville's goalie, Mike Dunham, than Ed Belfour. :) But, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Belfour in Detroit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts