Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

Can someone please remark on him, about his game, and anything else you may know? Thanks.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Smart, quick player. The next Baron Davis. Athletic, knows how to run a team, very decent defender, good shooter. All-around good college player, but like all PG's, will need time to get used to the pace of the game (Hinrich really surprised me with his ability to keep up).

Gordon is the next B.Davis... maybe doesn't play AS above the rim, but still extremely athletic and strong for his size.

But the guy can seriously score, as well as create. His FG% is 50.8%!!! And from the college arc? He's shooting exactly 500... and that's on 74 attempts in 14 games. Leads the team in free throw percentage and is well rounded with 4.5 apg and 1.8 spg.

He's going to be a great pro, and he's by far the best point in this year's draft. Guys like Raymond Felton and Jameer Nelson will be up there too, with Felton having more upside and raw blazing speed than any of them and Nelson being just such a big-time player (like NVE). But Gordon is definitely the top PG coming out of the college ranks this year, and will be one of the top players overall.

All that being said, if Pax picks him up to keep next year, I'll be pissed. But if Pax picks him up to be traded, I'll be glad... turning a top college prospect into a very decent vet player and maybe some future picks is a great idea. A Gordon + ERob + S&T Fizer for Caron Butler + Brian Grant would be a hot deal. Miami would look like this:

Gordon
Wade
Jones
Odom
Malik Allen/Udonis Haslem/Loren Woods

Fizer, ERob, Rafer, Rasual, and Samaki Walker off the bench. A very decent team.

And if Miami lands a top 4 pick, which is entirely possible, or if they get lucky, which they've been in recent draft history, they will get their hands on Pavel, the Yao Ming of Europe. Bringing him along slowly but surely, they will be an intimidating force when their rotation of big men become a deep bench.

As for the Bulls, we look like this:

Hinrich
Crawford
Butler
Grant
Chandler

(lineup has vets and youth, very professional in all 5 positions)

Curry, Gill, AD, JYD, Dupree, Blount off the bench (hey, that looks almost like our starting lineup some nights!).

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Ben Gordon is going to be damn good. I wouldnt cry adding him. But lets be honest. There is one player on UConn that we should be looking at, and one player only. and that is Emeka Okafor

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
I don't know Rlucas, UConn may have more pro talent then the Magic.

Gordon, and Okafor are no brainers. Villanueva, and Josh Boone both have pro talent. Even the Brown's (Taliek and Denham) have a chance.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!
I don't know Rlucas, UConn may have more pro talent then the Magic.

Gordon, and Okafor are no brainers. Villanueva, and Josh Boone both have pro talent. Even the Brown's (Taliek and Denham) have a chance.
I agree. They might have more talent then the Bulls too.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
I was going to say the Bulls but it was too easy :( .

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Denham Brown has Dantay Jones-esque potential. Taliek has none... Rashad Anderson has instant-offense off the bench potential... Marcus Williams should develop into a nice PG over the next couple years.

Gordon will be a player, granted if Pax were to draft him even if we are losing Crawford I'd cry unless we were trading Hinrich (or Gordon of course.) It's driving me nuts that we keep drafting talent where we have talent.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Originally posted by <b>airety</b>!
Denham Brown has Dantay Jones-esque potential.
That seems like a strange thing to say. Jones is a slasher that has no range on his shot while Denham Brown is one of the best 3-point shooters in the nation. I just don't see the comparison at all.

On to the topic...Ben Gordon has had a rough time that past 2 games but he hasn't really been relied upon to score in the blowouts. He's certainly capable of doing it. He has tremendous hops and body control, which makes it difficult for defenders who try to draw charges. He has NBA range and isn't a selfish player, even though he is a shoot-first PG. His biggest problem will be his ability to make plays for his teammates.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
we could use another guard. I wont write him off. but he isnt really a need. However, I will be watching that UConn/UNC game this weekend closely (i started the thread for it). he will be watched closely

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think Drejer or Iguodala would be a good fit for the Bulls, especially Christian. He looks like Kukoc Jr. He could give that elusive skilled SF they have wanted.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Like A Breath</b>!

That seems like a strange thing to say. Jones is a slasher that has no range on his shot while Denham Brown is one of the best 3-point shooters in the nation. I just don't see the comparison at all.
My comparison comes from the fact that Dantay always created his own shot off the dribble. Never spotted up.

Denham is very similar in that way, but as you said, he has range. But Denham prefers to make his own shot, off the dribble, as opposed to catch and shoot. Also, in the scope of "doing everything on a team of stars" Denham fits that role perfectly.

I guess it wasn't the best comparison, really. But the idea that Denham's game completely revolves around creating for himself is what I wanted to get out across... he is absolutely NOT the catch and shoot 3 point threat that you'd think from his stats.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would take Ben Gordon over either one of our guards right now. In my opinion this isnt knocking Crawford, my favorite bull or Hinrich. I just feel that Ben will be better than them in the immediate future as a result of his athleticism and skill set. He is ridiculously athletic and would easily fit into a 3 guard system in Chicago. He is currently my favorite player in Chicago.

I havent posted in a long time, it took a Ben Gordon mention to bring me back out i guess

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
Smart, quick player. The next Baron Davis. Athletic, knows how to run a team, very decent defender, good shooter. All-around good college player, but like all PG's, will need time to get used to the pace of the game (Hinrich really surprised me with his ability to keep up).
I agree with Showtyme!

I'd just Add that i think he is more then a decent defender,and allthough 6-2 he can play way above the rim,i saw him do the windmill on a fastbreak!

I would't compare him to Baron,but maybe to Bobby Jackson (more athletic)- he does everything good!

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Best college SG/PG in the country- the problem is he is a combo guard as he is a SG in a PG's body.....depends how he can make the switch....he is a great talent though, regardless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts