Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ben McLemore is a 6'4" 195 pound redshirt freshman SG for Kansas. He turns 20 this February and is a very good athlete with great leaping ability and very good quickness.

Draft Express Profile

He is very good at coming off of curls and hitting shots, shooting 44% from three. McLemore continues to improve his game as the season progresses. He is becoming more capable of handling the ball when defenders play him tight.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
Athletic St. Louis kid who went to Oak Hill.

Probably KU's best option on offense, and plays ok if not good defense.

Somebody's getting a player here.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
He disappeared pretty good vs Oklahoma State 7pts on 25% shooting. He looked really timid and not willing to take over the game when his team needed him. He's only a freshman, but Marcus Smart doesn't seem to have that problem.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
He is absolutely murdering West Virginia. 31 points on 12 shots with 10 minutes left in the game. It's a really special guard to go #1 overall, but this guy is doing everything he can to be in that group.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Great player. Better at home than road games. Most says he is a frosh but as a player yes but he redshirted first year and he was un system already think that helped him a lot. He said if he is not in hrdship he would stay ku one more year

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
I think McLemore needs another season in college, but I wouldn't stay if I were him. His skills look very translatable, but I wouldn't take him 1st overall. Wouldn't it be great to have that Raptors pick jump super high and somehow the Thunder under up taking McLemore?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
People criticize him a little for being passive, but he started next to four seniors. I thought he got an appropriate number of touches. Some NBA fans who don't watch a lot of college basketball expect every highly touted prospect to look like Michael Jordan dominating a bunch of amateurs. It doesn't work that way.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
He could stand to improve his play in the clutch, and could also benefit from being the leader of a team. If he returned, he would not only be clearly their best player, but he would also probably be asked to step up as a captain. Cultivating that mentality could greatly benefit his game.

I agree he should leave though, he's in contention to be 1st overall pick and is basically a lock to go at worst Top 2.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
If he winds up on the Bobcats, Kemba, McLemore, and MKG works pretty well together. If he winds up on the Cavs, I like the fit next to Kyrie as well (with Waiters involved in 3-guard line-ups). I also like the fit in Minnesota if the lottery turns out that way. On the other end of the spectrum, I don't see him fitting in with the Pelicans (unless EG gets moved) or the Suns (unless they acquire a PG who compliments his game better than Dragic or Marshall).

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Who cares about all that stuff, he's just going to be a rookie when he gets to the NBA anyway.
I'm not going to continue arguing a point I don't believe in, I agree he should go.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
I'm not worried about his passiveness at times. This is as much about the system at Kansas and him not wanting to rub people the wrong way (at least McLemore seems like that type of guy) than a lack of assertiveness. He will be fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts