Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
The LSU faithful will be very, very happy with what they're getting.

·
51,450 Posts
Simmons should dominate college at either the 4 or 5, how well he's game translates to the NBA is the big question.

·
51,450 Posts
5? Is there any chance of that at all? He's a college 4, probable NBA 3 is he not?
His shot is not good enough to play the 3 at either level he'll probably start at the 4 at LSU but also play a lot at the 5 which isn't a big deal, Jabari played a lot if not a majority of his minutes at the 5 at Duke. He is an okay defender but his wingspan is mediocre for a big and some criticize him for being soft.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
His shot is not good enough to play the 3 at either level he'll probably start at the 4 at LSU but also play a lot at the 5 which isn't a big deal, Jabari played a lot if not a majority of his minutes at the 5 at Duke. He is an okay defender but his wingspan is mediocre for a big and some criticize him for being soft.
Guess we'll see. He wouldn't be the first 3 that has a janky shot when he hits the NBA.

Plus I think if Giannis wasn't there Parker would play the 3 for the Bucks.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
He's not a 5 at all...like probably never. Stretch 4 but his ball handling and passing are like a PG and hes nearly ambidextrous. Im not worried about his shot at this point in time, he can score, and thats whats important.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
He's not a 5 at all...like probably never. Stretch 4 but his ball handling and passing are like a PG and hes nearly ambidextrous. Im not worried about his shot at this point in time, he can score, and thats whats important.
Wiggins couldn't shoot and look where he plays.
Unless he's drafted by a team with a quality small forward I see Simmons starting h career as a 3.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I have not seen a guy in high school with a game this polished since Lebron. Anthony Davis was still figuring out how his body worked, but Simmons is in complete control of himself. Davis had a better inside game but still lacked the outside touch he has developed by now, Simmons is ahead of AD on all things perimeter at the same point in their career.

I really think we are looking at the next big thing. Im not only saying that because he's going to LSU, but because he's going to LSU Ive watched unknown amounts of footage and read every article that I can get my hands on.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I have not seen a guy in high school with a game this polished since Lebron. Anthony Davis was still figuring out how his body worked, but Simmons is in complete control of himself. Davis had a better inside game but still lacked the outside touch he has developed by now, Simmons is ahead of AD on all things perimeter at the same point in their career.

I really think we are looking at the next big thing. Im not only saying that because he's going to LSU, but because he's going to LSU Ive watched unknown amounts of footage and read every article that I can get my hands on.
The highlights from their tour against the Australian teams look amazing. This team is loaded.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts

I'm going to love watching him in Boston in 2017. :bsmile:

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
2017? He'll be one-and-done.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
So Ainge is flipping the assets to get a top 2 pick?

·
51,450 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
DraftExpress has him #2 in the 2016 draft behind Skal Labissiere: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

CBSSports.com's Sam Vecenie ranks him as the #2 PF again behind Skal Labissiere: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25272117/nba-draft-preseason-preview-top-10-power-forwards
And NBAdraft.net has him at #1 .

This reminds me of when people acted like there was a chance Wiggins wouldn't go number one and argued endlessly with me. This happens every single year. They try to act like there's a chance someone else will go #1 right up until draft night.

·
51,450 Posts
And NBAdraft.net has him at [URL=http://www.basketballforum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] .

This reminds me of when people acted like there was a chance Wiggins wouldn't go number one and argued endlessly with me. This happens every single year. They try to act like there's a chance someone else will go [URL=http://www.basketballforum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] right up until draft night.
A lot of people have Simmons going #1 with good reason but the difference between him and did next handful of guys(Skal Labissiere, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown, and Dragan Bender) is not great, Embiid probably goes #1 in '14 if his body allowed it.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts