Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching the game versus the Bulls tonight, I noticed that they had a screen up showing the top 5 block leaders in Pistons history. Big Ben is already at 808 blocks, and this is only his 4th year playing for Detroit. He's only about 20-30 blocks away from Bill Laimbeer. Once he passes Laimbeer, he'll be 3rd on the list. The all-time leader has just a little over a thousand.

I found this interesting, considering the small amount of time Wallace has been playing for Detroit, and the high amount of blocks that he's put together. I'd say by the end of the season, he should be at about a thousand, and next year he'll probably take sole possession of first place on the list.

If this needs to be merged with the game thread, I have no problem with it. I just thought this topic deserved a thread of its own. :grinning:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Yes, he is a monster. One of those rare guys whom can alter the game without scoring.

-Petey

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course. If you've ever watched him play, you probably would have noticed that his defense and rebounding alone is enough to make the Pistons frontcourt dangerous. As well all know, a good deal of those 13 rpg and 3 bpg have to give the Pistons points some amount of points during the game. I'm sure everyone that watches basketball already knows this, but I think Wallace does a great job, and getting high on the all-time block leader list shows what he's capable of doing.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ben has really come a long way in developing his offensive game. If he can give us 10 a night like he did tonight or against Dallas, he'll be a five-headed monster (dunking, jump shot, blocks, rebounds, the best fro in the league)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Haha, his fro could block out the sun :)

I've been trying to search for the top 5 all time Pistons block leaders but have been unsuccessful so far. Anyone have a link?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts