Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beno - MVP

Beno was named MVP of some tournament called the Efes Pilsen World Cup, averaging 16.7 PPG and 4.6 APG. Very encouraging to say the least. We had Charlie freakin Ward as backup PG at one point in the season, so Beno should be a noticeable upgrade at the position.

I love what Popovich has to say about Beno:

"We were waiting with the same anticipation we had for Tony Parker," said Spurs' head coach Gregg Popovich after the draft. "We thought he would go anywhere from five to 10 spots before us. Just like the year we got Tony, people picked other players and he dropped to us. "We couldn't be happier with our pick. When you’re picking that low and you get a quality player, you feel real good about it."

Same feeling as Tony Parker? That's what I'm talking about.:yes:

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I hope he is right. Beno, no doubt will be an upgrade over Charlie Ward but the question really is how much of an upgrade? To me, he seems to be a great scorer with a good shot but doesn't seem like he is really a point guard. Hopefully next season he can come off the bench and give us some energy, some points and some solid PT. GO Beno.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Beno was named MVP of some tournament called the Efes Pilsen World Cup, averaging 16.7 PPG and 4.6 APG. Very encouraging to say the least. We had Charlie freakin Ward as backup PG at one point in the season, so Beno should be a noticeable upgrade at the position.
Actually that was a national teams tournament, used as a preparations for upcoming qualifications for european championship with Russia, Germany, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel and Sweden participating.

I hope he is right. Beno, no doubt will be an upgrade over Charlie Ward but the question really is how much of an upgrade? To me, he seems to be a great scorer with a good shot but doesn't seem like he is really a point guard. Hopefully next season he can come off the bench and give us some energy, some points and some solid PT. GO Beno.
Beno has a mentality of a point guard, while with 194cm (6'4) he was also used as a SG at some occasions in europe... don't let the stats mislead you, averaging 4.6 assists in 28 minutes is a lot in european basketball....

but do you think he will get any PT at all with Parker and Barry at PG?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yes, Beno was the best player in the tournament. But our coach also especially mentioned Raso for his enthusiasm and leadership as the captain of this team!
I think his role in our national team will also be good for him in spurs jersey, cause I believe we would all like to see a more vocal Raso in the NBA!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>Matiz</b>!
Beno injured his knee... it looked quite bad on TV, he'll be off the courts for at least 3-4 months if you ask me...
some guys are just unlucky:sigh:

Are you serious? Damn that sucks.

Let me go try to find a link....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts