Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beside your own team/the one you are the most attached to/the bigger fan of/#1 fav team...

who do you cheer for?

(Team/players) and why?

I consider the Heat my fav team, but since I am in Canada and I am much more attached to the raps due to stupid geographic allegiance, I guess raps are my #1 fav team.

so I root for Heat, (like I mentionned before, fav team although bla bla bla)

Pacers, Peja was my top 3 fav player and now that he is on Pacers, that just makes me cheer for them even harder. (I liked the pacers before Peja got there)

Hornets, it's that underdog/cinderella team, plus Chris Paul is on it. Just a great narrative in itself.

as far as players goes (besides the ones in the team listed)

Arenas, I guess he's just one of the best underdog story. The 0 that he wears says it all.
There are other players that I like but not that I cheer for as much.

what are yours?

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
I don't cheer for any other teams besides the Nets. As for players ...

Pau Gasol
Kobe Bryant
Kenyon Martin
Sebastian Telfair
Ray Allen
Anderson Varejao
Paul Pierce

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts
spurs, kg, and kidd.

i used to root for the pacers, but that was because reggie was one of my favorite players. now i just kinda like them because of the residual effect.

Go NeTs

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
whole heartidly a wolves and kg supporter
hoping that the heat win it this year, mainly because ive always followed shaq, and i follow d.wade.

other teams and players i support are.
the pistons, simply because of the way they play.
the magic because of how they have gotten through the hard part, and now seem set to build around dwight and be a competitor in a couple of years time.

Sebastian Telfair
Jason Richardson
Carmelo
Iverson
Josh Smith
and i still think dajuan wagner was good enough to make an impact in the L, and i loved what he was doing before he hit NBA.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Aside from the Celts, players/teams I really like to cheer for include:

Minnesota Timberwolves
Dallas Mavericks
Mike Bibby
Tim Duncan
Kirk Hinrich
Troy Murphy
Mike Miller
Kyle Korver
Wally Szczerbiak, even before he became a Celtic

Wow. Just looking over the list, apparently I can't get enough of white-American jump shooters.

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THE MATRIX 31 said:
I root for nobody but the Suns. I hate every other team, and im what u'd call a loyal fan. Been following and reppin PHX since i was dunkin on a fisher price hoop.

That's ridiculous, so you are saying that if Marion or Nash or Amare gets traded without bad blood, you would hate them because they are on another team?

****ing Robot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.