4. Pierce and Walker

5. Garnett and Szczerbiak

6. Kidd and Kenyon

7. Marbury and Marion

8. Iverson and Mutumbo

9. Allen and Cassel or Allen and Robinson

10. Zo Mourning and Jones

honorable mention:

Tmac and Hill(have never really played together)
Shareef and Terry
Baron Davis and Mashburn
Duncan and Parker(had to put Duncan somwhere)
Rasheed and Bonzi
Stackhouse and Big Ben

did I forget any others?

See less See more
#3 ·
Although a lot of the guys you posted could become great, some of them are just question marks. you cannot say guys like Ming, Wagner, Dunleavy and Jay Will are aleady a part of a great duo when they havent even played a game yet. And I didn't mention Brand and Odom because they did not play that many games together in Brand's first season witht he CLipps. The rest of your list I agree with.

#5 ·
Well Webber and Peja are both all-stars and Peja had a much better season than Bibby last year so thats why I put him in instead of Bibby. If Bibby continues to play like he did in the playoffs last season, than I agree he is a better player than Peja.

#6 ·
I think he's right with Peja and CWebb both being All-stars.....

w-h-i-t-e-b-o-y's TOP TEN

1. Deisel and Kobe
2. Pierce and Walker
3.Peja and CWebb
4.TMac and GHill(although they haven't got to paly together)
5.AI and Deke
6.Dirk and Finley
7.Ray Allen and Big Dog
8.Spree and Houston
9.Baron Davis and Mash
10.Odom and Brand(if they ever paly together)

Future

Dre Miller and whatever teams big name player he goes to probably the clips in that case Miller and Brand and if its NY then miller and Houston

Larry Hughes and RIP
JWill and Gasol
Dunleavy and Jamison
(maybe) Wagner and Diop(they both had very impressive SL games)

#7 ·
OOPS

Forgot ----- JKidd in the top ten with Kenyon and definitely The KID and Wally if Wally would ever just play any D.

#8 ·
when im thinking dupo im thinking two players who play off each other not just two talented players on the same team, shaq and kobe are number one no doubt, all time its stockton and malone though, they still are probably number 2 in the league, nash and dirk are gettin up there.

all the other duos mentioned are just two ogod players who play on the same team(maybe not webber and bibby)

#9 ·
MJ and Rip were good last year. They averaged over 40 ppg. They definitely weren't even close to the best though.

Other possible good ones are...
Kirilenko and Stevenson
Qyntel Woods and Zach Randolph, once Sheed and Bonzi are gone (retired, signed with other teams or traded)

But you forgot one of the greateset ever...Stockton and Malone!

#10 ·
Re: i think it

Originally posted by azcats
I think it is webber and bibby not webber and peja. Bibby and Webber are the ones that run the pick and role and junk.
But Webber and Peja put up the points during the whole regular season. That's why they were both All-Stars:yes: .

#14 ·
EVER??

Who would yawl say is the greatest duo ever?

Think way back in the day?
Cousy and Russell?maybe
Magic and Kareem?maybe
Jerry West and Oscar?maybe
Bird and McHale?maybe

I hate to say this but its probably

Jordan(in his prime)
Pippen(in his prime)

#18 ·
Originally posted by Hawkeye Pierce
when im thinking dupo im thinking two players who play off each other not just two talented players on the same team, shaq and kobe are number one no doubt, all time its stockton and malone though, they still are probably number 2 in the league, nash and dirk are gettin up there.

all the other duos mentioned are just two ogod players who play on the same team(maybe not webber and bibby)
well, kidd and k-mart are a duo. they play off of each other. it's not that they're just two good players on the same team.

#20 ·
Re: EVER??

Originally posted by w-h-i-t-e-b-o-y
Who would yawl say is the greatest duo ever?

Think way back in the day?
Cousy and Russell?maybe
Magic and Kareem?maybe
Jerry West and Oscar?maybe
Bird and McHale?maybe

I hate to say this but its probably

Jordan(in his prime)
Pippen(in his prime)
i gotta say mj and pippen too. maybe it's because i'm too young to have seen the some of those duos play (like cousy and russell and west and oscar).

#23 ·
Originally posted by PhillyPhanatic
How is everyone forgetting Q Rich and Darius Miles?

They probably play off of each other better than most of the tandems in the league.

-Tim
Well, part of the reason that they aren't mentioned is that they only combine to average about 22ppg. Plus they come off the bench for a lottery team. They will both be good, but I'm not sure they belong in any "best duo" conversation.

#25 ·
Originally posted by Hawkeye Pierce
chandler and curry should be good, what was chandlers fg% last year?? everytime i saw a boxscore it seemed he had like 10 points on 6 shots or somethin, he makes the most of his shots, from what ive seen.
That's because all of his shots are dunks.

As soon as he gets older and develops a wider array of shots, he'll be a good player.

#26 ·
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
1. M.J. and Pippen
2. Kareem and Magic
3. Stockton and Malone
kobe/shaq
mj/pip
kareem/magic
wilt/west
russ/hondo
west/baylor
bird/mchale
russ/cous
stockton/malone

i'm torn at the top. kareem/magic i'd put below the other 2 because their primes didn't coincide enough, imo. kobe/shaq is the most complete, inside/outside, defense, balanced scoring, rebounding. jordan/pippen were more 1 sided offensively (jordan carrying the bulk of the load, although pippen was a pretty good scorer). defensively they were dominant, but on the perimeter (altough they certainly could disrupt an entire offense). jordan the best ever makes it a tough call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.