Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What say we...a team that was so good that it would've probably been champion any other era or year but ran into a tough situation and didn't come through

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That team basically ended up with a ring though

I'm talking about a team that never did, or at least not with the same core

"Didn't come through" should've been a decent tip off for yall

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
and vice versa
Not really, no.

Larry Bird was quoting as saying "we had no business winning those Finals"...

Oh, and the Finals when Jerry West recieved Finals MVP eventhough his team lost...

(knowing Dre, i know he wants people to talk about some Cabron James-led team, but i won't indulge him!)

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Let's make 20 polls and have everyone vote on the 20 best Finals losers.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Most posters would rather be a dick than help contribute.

Suns, Blazers, Sonics, Jazz teams from the 90's that ran into the Bulls all had capable teams to win it all.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Most posters would rather be a dick than help contribute.

Suns, Blazers, Sonics, Jazz teams from the 90's that ran into the Bulls all had capable teams to win it all.
Not really, no.
It would have been a GREAT surprise to see any ofthose teams to win the chapionship. are you for real?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those Jazz teams were no walk in the park. That first Jazz-Bulls went down to the wire in Game 6...if it goes to Game 7 nothing's a great surprise

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Yes. Great surprise? Are you for real? They weren't stacked teams like in the 80's you seem to hold high praise all the time. But they were all in the finals, had great season, had couple of stars/superstars and were contenders for a reason though.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
That raises a good question. What was the best team to lose to the Bulls in the Finals?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No I put "team that didn't win a ring" to cover them

That team might be the best in the NBA right now. They're like the Suns done right kind of.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
those Jazz teams werent even as good as previous Jazz teams that couldnt even get to the finals in the late 80s early 90s

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
That raises a good question. What was the best team to lose to the Bulls in the Finals?
Didnt the sonics and jazz each win 64 games... i know that the year chicago won 72 games seattle won 64... that has to easily be the record for best combined winning percentage in an nba finals

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
93 Suns and 2000 Blazers were two of the deepest teams I ever saw.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts