Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one...I am wondering who is the best foreign player nowadays in the league...I don't really know if I can say Tim Duncan, but if I can't I will say Dirk Nowitzki...But I have to remember all the young boys that are coming, I really think they will make a strong impact in NBA...We can get a taste in Pau Gasol...

Sorry about my english. I hope you understand everything .:cool:

Let me know your opinions...Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
it will be Marko Jaric...he has the best crossover since Tim Hardaway. The clippers don't need a point guard, they have one. I saw him while i was on leave.

·
Registered
119 Posts
in the world not named USA: tim duncan - US virgin islands
from europe: dirk nowitzki - germany

i dont really consider US virgin islands as its a territory of the USA but i'll humor those who do think he's a foreigner. in all fairness, he does play for the US olympic team. if he plays for the olympic team, i think that designates him as a non-foreigner.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hmmmmmm.......

Its been awhile, but my vote WAS Drazen Petrovic........Now, Id have to say Dirk, then Peja.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I Don't consider Tim Duncan foreign he's played on US teams before. It's gotta be Dirk HANDS DOWN.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I'd say it was Gasol, in the match-ups he had with some of the best pf's he really played well particularly Kg and Duncan jammed on them both ,Nowitski always struggles against CWebb,Duncan and KG, Gasol has a little funk in his game and some toughness he's not that big a defensive liability as Dirk, If Gasol stays on his current course he'll be the best hands down in a couple years, Dirk is all offense no Defense no toughness. Dirk is one of the leagues best scorers but Gasol can mix it up some.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
gasol will be better then dirk, when he fills out a little more, i see a tim duncan clone

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
its very tough. The best ever I would say is the Dream. My favourite and probably most impressive before his accident was Drazen Petrovic. Right now I would say Gasol, and Nowitzki.

Tim Duncan doesn't count. He is basically American.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Originally posted by rainman
in order;
dirk
gasol
nash
peja
turkoglu

all time;
alajuwon
petrovic
shrempf
smits
sabonis
I say Dirk(for now). What about Mutumbo on your All-Time list? Sabonis over Dikembe?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by dmilesai

Sabonis over Dikembe?
No. He didn't come to the NBA soon enough to be considered on the all-time list. He belongs at the top of the "What if he came to the NBA sooner?" list. If he came to the NBA in his early to mid 20s I think he would have challenged Olajuwon for best ever.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts

But still, Mutombo is better than Sabonis no question. Probably better than Schrempf and Smits. Mutobmbo has played 10 years. Sabonis has only played 6 years, and has pretty much retired from the NBA.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts