Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Hollinger gone, I need my morning basketball read fix. Who do are your favorite general basketball writers (meaning that team-based bloggers and writers are excluded).

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Hollinger was one of your favorites?

I actually enjoy Bill Simmons' work. Yes, he's a Celtics fan but many of his articles have nothing to do with them. I've heard the book he wrote is a great read. I'll have to check it out sometime.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I read his book and enjoyed it for the most part. But I read it the same way I would read one of you fools posts, from the viewpoint of a biased fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love simmons, but he's an entertainer. Doesn't have the grasp of the game that a guy like Hollinger or Zach Lowe does. The book, however, is terrific. His Hall of Fame pyramid was spectacular.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
He's been moved to Denver to do some Nuggets-focused stuff this season, but he also writes about league-wide stuff: Matt Moore. Writes for CBS and founded Hardwood Paroxysm. @hpbasketball is his main handle.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I agree with everything that has been said about Bill Simmons in this thread.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Abrams and Lowe are awesome. Simmons is great for something entertaining - and as has already been said: it comes across like what you see here from our brighter posters, but in long form.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
King George
11,475 Posts
Not sure how popular he is around these parts, but I read a lot of Chris Sheridan during the lockout. Not so much anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts