Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know all the great ones. But Westchester's (LA) 2002 seniors have turned out to be great.....

That class has:

Ashanti Cook-Georgetown-31.6 MPG, 8.9 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 4.4 APG, 2.1 SPG

Hassan Adams-Arizona-30.6 MPG, 17.7 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.8 SPG, 2.3 BPG

Brandon Heath (freshman due to being ineligible last year)-San Diego State-31.1 MPG, 17.3 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.7 SPG

Brandon Bowman-Georgetown-16.1 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 2.1 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.5 BPG

It ALSO includes Keith Everage who had 4.3 PPG and 2.8 rpg in 13 MPG, but in only 4 games, because he quit SJ State's team due to PT. His freshman year he had 6.9 PPG and 4.9 RPG in 22.5 MPG.

----------------
That team also included three juniors (Trevor Ariza, Bobby Brown, and Scott Cutley) who have been contributers to their teams as true freshman.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i believe the 2001 Willowridge Senior Class was pretty good.

PG- T.j Ford (Texas)
SG- Daniel Ewing (Duke)
SG- Kenny Taylor ( Played for Baylor but was allowed to transfer to Texas by the NCAA)
PF- Ivan Mvfarland(OK. State)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Check out the players on this team

Brandon Rush-No School yet
Tasheed Carr-Iowa State
Dorrell Wright-Depaul
Albert Weber-Alabama
Roy Bright-Cincinatti
Glen Dandridge-Missouri
Mohamed Tangera-Arizona
Brandon Rush scores 23 in win Mt. Zion Christian Academy wins 89-76
By Chris Monter
Date: Dec 13, 2003

Durham (NC) Mt. Zion Christian Academy, ranked #2 in the country by USA Today, defeated South Kent (CT) Prep 89-76 in the final game of the KMOX Shootout

Mt. Zion led 47-39 at halftime as 6-7 junior Brandon Rush scored 13 points and Alabama recruit Albert Weber added eleven. DePaul signee Dorrell Wright had 16 at the break and Siena-bound Jack McClinton added eleven.

Rush, who was a fan favorite since his brother Kareem was a Missouri standout, finished with 23 points and ten rebounds as he made ten of 13 shots from the field. Glen Dandridge, who signed with Missouri in the early signing period, won over the crowd with his 19-point performance.as he made four of seven three-pointers. Weber scored 14 points as he made five of eight from the field and all three three-pointers. Arizona signee Mohamed Tangara, Cincinnati recruit Roy Bright and Iowa State-bound Tasheed Carr each scored ten points.

Wright led South Kent with 24 points as he made nine of 19 shots from the field, four of seven from three-point range and both free throws. DePaul head coach Dave Leitao was in the crowd to watch the talented forward. McClinton also scored 24 points. Clemson recruit Cheyenne Moore added twelve points.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
How about that team from Chicago that had KG, Michael Wright (Arizona), and Ronnie Fields?

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
How about that team from Chicago that had KG, Michael Wright (Arizona), and Ronnie Fields?
KG didn't do ANYTHING in college and Fields (could be wrong on Fields) didn't do much in college.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dmilesai</b>!

KG didn't do ANYTHING in college and Fields (could be wrong on Fields) didn't do much in college.
Oh, my bad, didn't see this was about college.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
This is a little off-topic, but I was just looking at stats for the CBA and Ronnie Fields is leading the league in scoring. I wonder if he has the same hops?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
His game hasn't improved much.. His handle's are still suspect, and his game's still one dimensional.. But.. There's still less skilled player's in the NBA, so who know's?

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>Like A Breath</b>!

Was he guarding LeBron during the 52 point game?
Yes....Kind of. Marcus Johnson (another huge recruit, just a sophomore last year) and Ariza double teamed him most of the game, and the whole team was playing help D. But LeBron would make EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
peoria manual...

Frank Williams
Marcus Griffin
Sergio Mclain

all starters for teh University of Illinois

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
How about Mater Dei with Jamal Sampson who went to Cal and now is on the Lakers, and Cedric Bozemen at UCLA now. They had a grip of guys who also went D1 as well I believe.

·
Registered
165 Posts
what about an oak hill team any year?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts