Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Melo commercial and the gatorade one where they edit Jordan so he misses the shot against the Cavs. What do you guys like?

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
that one they keep playing over and over on nbatv with the nba players helping out katrina victims. anyone know the song btw?

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
DuMa said:
that one they keep playing over and over on nbatv with the nba players helping out katrina victims. anyone know the song btw?
Rob Thomas! He just sang that song on the American Music Awards 5 minutes ago! However, I'm not sure of the name of the song.

Edited to add it's called Ever The Same.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
girllovesthegame said:
I like Dwayne Wade's Commercial....Fall 7 times....Stand up 8.
That's a good one, as is the AI injuries one. 10 years taking that kind of pounding. Its unbelieveable.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
I like Carmelo's. B More. Great concept.

I enjoyed Wade's the first 10 times i seen it, that was in one night.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
i still haven't seen that one where air misses the shot...anyone got a link?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I like the Gatorade one where they edit The Shot by MJ and a few other famous sports moments, but I've only seen it once.

I know a lot of people hate it, but I also liked the full version of the Adidas T-Mac commercial. The shorter versions aren't as good.

Converse's Wade commerical is pretty good, as is Reebok's Answer IX.

EDIT: Of course, the TNT Ali G spots are better than any of these - that goes without saying.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Wade's fall commerical is excellent and gets my vote

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Carmelo's B More commercial, and Wade's commercial fall seven times stand up eight take the cake for me.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
The gatorade "edit" commercial is fantastic

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
the melo spot is the best of the ones i've seen. great concept. really well executed.

the tmac spot is so over-produced it just seems like adidas is giving him an expensive hand job.

the d wade spot is nice, if not a little pedestrian. fall down, get up, big deal.

the gatorade spot is an instant classic. it really makes you stop and watch it.

really like the AI spot too. but the one that ran this summer of him in the pool hall talking about himself and the game was better than the trainers room spot.

i also think the shaq spot for the game (can't remember if it's nba 2k or what) is very funny with him in the fruit section jamming the honeydew melon! hilarious expression on his face.

i laughed the first time i saw the ali g spots with kobe and steve nash. wish they'd done more in that campaign with other players.

and this has been driving me NUTS since i should know this song, but what is the track that plays underneath the NBA on ESPN spots?? the ones that have the very groovy seventies graphics with the tag line "that's why we watch". it's driving me crazy. i think those spots are kinda cool too.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
The Ali G commercials by far. You just can't get entertainment like that in 30 seconds anywhere else.

They should run some more, but use Borat instead, can you imagine him interviewing AK47?

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
mizenkay said:
the melo spot is the best of the ones i've seen. great concept. really well executed.

the tmac spot is so over-produced it just seems like adidas is giving him an expensive hand job.

the d wade spot is nice, if not a little pedestrian. fall down, get up, big deal.

the gatorade spot is an instant classic. it really makes you stop and watch it.

really like the AI spot too. but the one that ran this summer of him in the pool hall talking about himself and the game was better than the trainers room spot.

i also think the shaq spot for the game (can't remember if it's nba 2k or what) is very funny with him in the fruit section jamming the honeydew melon! hilarious expression on his face.

i laughed the first time i saw the ali g spots with kobe and steve nash. wish they'd done more in that campaign with other players.

and this has been driving me NUTS since i should know this song, but what is the track that plays underneath the NBA on ESPN spots?? the ones that have the very groovy seventies graphics with the tag line "that's why we watch". it's driving me crazy. i think those spots are kinda cool too.
That D-Wade spot is nice! Shows he tough! No matter how many times he gets knocked down, he gets back up and keeps going. It's all about persistence and perseverance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
the tmac commercial is probably the best nba commercial since jordan in his day. anyone who thinks otherwise is racist against yao, OR is just a plain hater.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts