Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the best pitcher in the game right now?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Pedro!!!

Actually, it's probably Randy Johnson, despite Schilling having the better year. If Martinez didn't have all those injury problems, it'd problably be him...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'd go with Pedro also. Shut him down for a few days and watch him do the magic come playoff times. Just hope Sox make the playoffs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Barry Zito.....lol

Just kidding Pedro is the best pitcher in the league, but Zito will be the best in 3-4 years. Best curveball in baseball, and a load of confidence at 24 years of age.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Roy Oswalt,Mark Prior,Josh Beckett 3 great young player even thou 1 of the is awesome right now the other 2 will be next year but the best sp right now is Curt Schilling or RJ

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
if I was gonna pick a pitcher to start my staff I would pick Prior because of his youth and perfect mechanics

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
i would pick R.Oswalt or J.Beckett i dont really think Prior is that good to be a Ace on a staff

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Prior not good enough to be the ace???He already is for the Cubs!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Prior, not good enough to be an ace? He was the best pitcher in the history of college baseball. He's been outstanding in his first pro season. He pitched a complete game last time out that would have been a shutout had Mark Bellhorn not made a bad decision, K'ing 13. He's just awesome, and will be as good as Roger, Schilling, etc., are now, in the future.

Right now, I think Randy Johnson is the best pitcher in baseball. No doubt he's the most intimidating. When he's on, it's just sick. And when he's off, he proves that he's a vet that knows what he's doing and can go with what he's got for a day and STILL shut another team out. In the future, I think Mark Prior, Josh Beckett, Ben Sheets, Roy Oswalt, Freddy Garcia, Barry Zito, Mark Mulder, Joel Pineiro, Kerry Wood, Carlos E. Hernandez, and Jason Marquis will be the elite pitchers, and I'm sure I forgot a couple. IMO Freddy Garcia could become the best pitcher in baseball at any time now, but in the long run, Prior will be the best of the above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts