Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is the best player in the east?
1. for winning teams: JO, Kidd, VC, or B Davis
2. for losing teams: AI, Macgrady or Marbury?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
Who is the best player in the east?
1. for winning teams: JO, Kidd, VC, or B Davis
2. for losing teams: AI, Macgrady or Marbury?
Oneal is by far the best big in the East. Tmac, despite the poor team record, is the best individual talent in the East.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
Well I would argue that Jermaine O'Neal, Jason Kidd, and Allen Iverson are ALL better.
Well, you could argue for Tmac, Oneal, Kidd, Iverson, Pierce, Carter ... each have their arguments. But we should all try to avoid that.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
What makes Tracy better than Jason?
Tracy is the best offensive player in the east IMO. To compare him to Jason is kind of hard. Kidd is in a class of his own when it comes to running the team and making speactacular passes; his court-vision and his ability to make his teammates better, are unmatched in the league (although James' supporters surely think otherwise). He's one of the very few players who can change the course of a game without scoring a single point ( Ben Wallace is the other name that comes to my mind in that respect).

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
Well I would argue that Jermaine O'Neal, Jason Kidd, and Allen Iverson are ALL better.
Ahh, so Jermaine O'Neal is a top 5 player now? Uhhm, right. :rolleyes:

Technically, you can argue for someone else. But if you do, you should check yourself into an insane asylum.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Definitely Tracy McGrady. The others are good but not all that close. I'd say Marbury is the next best talent (of course, his first couple of games in the East are less than overwhelming).

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
Definitely Tracy McGrady. The others are good but not all that close. I'd say Marbury is the next best talent (of course, his first couple of games in the East are less than overwhelming).
Well, if we're talking about talent, then LeBron should be the top player in the east, and I mean that honestly.

I do think Kidd is a better player at this point than Carter, Davis, Marbury and Pierce but if anyone thinks otherwise, I won't tell him to go to a mental asylum:rolleyes:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
True, LeBron James is probably the best talent. Sometimes I use "talent" and "player" interchangeably, and I shouldn't.

I'd rank them, in terms of current ability:

1. McGrady
2. Kidd / Marbury (In thinking it over, I think these two are extremely even, just manifesting ability in different ways)
4. Iverson
5. Pierce
6. Davis
7. O'Neal
8. Carter
9. James

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
True, LeBron James is probably the best talent. Sometimes I use "talent" and "player" interchangeably, and I shouldn't.

I'd rank them, in terms of current ability:

1. McGrady
2. Kidd / Marbury (In thinking it over, I think these two are extremely even, just manifesting ability in different ways)
4. Iverson
5. Pierce
6. Davis
7. O'Neal
8. Carter
9. James
my order:
1. Kidd
2. O'Neal
3. Carter
4. Davis

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The MAgiC</b>!

Ahh, so Jermaine O'Neal is a top 5 player now? Uhhm, right. :rolleyes:
He doesn't have to be a top 5 player to be better than McGrady, if you know what I mean.

Remember, Jerry Stackhouse averaged 30 ppg one season too.

McGrady is a great player, but his is too streaky and a horrible leader to be called the best in the east. If starting a franchise, I would take O'Neal, Kidd, and Iverson over T-Mac no question.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JustinSane</b>!
2 AI. McGrady's got the talent, but AI's got the heart. Seriously, if you are game 7 in the playoffs and get to borrow one guy for your team, which do you take? I bet 3/4 here take AI.
If I'm only choosing from the Eastern Conference then I'd take AI. There are a couple of guys I'd take before him from the West though.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.