Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gus Williams
Chauncey Billups
Tracy McGrady
Penny Hardaway
Baron Davis

Have at it. This one should be a little more interesting than #00/0.

00/0 - Robert Parish

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I feel like Rod Strickland deserves a mention....probably not quite on the level of the guys on the list but man was he good.

I've never seen Gus Williams play, but I feel like T-Mac was on a different level then the rest of the players on this list. Just an absolute offensive monster.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
McGrady had the best peak, but with his recurrent injury concerns, I could certainly see someone taking Billups for his leadership and fact that during his prime you could count on him to, you know, play. I'll choose Billups for his intangibles, but won't argue with anyone who goes with TMac.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Prime TMac. Prime Penny is a close rival, but at his best prime TMac was an absolute beast at every facet of the game.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly, I don't remember much of Penny in his prime. I know he was great, but I watched a lot of T-Mac in his prime and for me, he's the best. During those first couple of years with the Magic, the guy was playing at another level - an MVP level for him. It's really a shame the way his career panned out. Vince and Kobe are still in the league and he's elbowing guys during games in China.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Yeah, the fact that Vince is still hanging around is a bit of a shocker. Wouldn't have guessed that 10 years ago

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Yeah, the fact that Vince is still hanging around is a bit of a shocker. Wouldn't have guessed that 10 years ago
He was always content to launch jumpers, and he did have three-point range. I'm not surprised someone with his mentality transitioned into the later stage of his career than someone like, say, Iverson.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
He was always content to launch jumpers, and he did have three-point range. I'm not surprised someone with his mentality transitioned into the later stage of his career than someone like, say, Iverson.
But Vince was always so mentally fragile that I never expected him to hold on this long.

He changed a lot over the years when he left TO.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Tiny Archibald wore #1 for a few years but not the few when he was a monster (putting up 34 ppg 11apg) otherwise I'd go with him (the big O wore the #1 as a buck but that was when he was well past his prime) - gotta be TMac for peak but Derek Rose wears that number too so he may have competition for the spot sooner than later (also I dont see Stat's name which is probably an oversight and where is Smush Parker's name?)

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
McGrady without a doubt for me. I'd love to choose Chauncey - but McGrady's prime was incredible. Penny's peak years were just too short, went by like a flash. That was a shame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts