Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of choices although I see it only really coming down to two guys. But we'll see how it plays out.

Carlos Boozer
Baron Davis
Kevin Garnett
Robert Horry
Juwan Howard
Jason Kidd
Danny Manning
Jalen Rose
Josh Smith
Dick Van Arsdale
Tom Van Arsdale
Other (Please Specify)

00/0 - Robert Parish
1 - Tracy McGrady
2 - Moses Malone
3 - Dwyane Wade
4 - Chris Webber

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Hardly a basketball historian, so I haven't heard of the Van Arsdales. I went with Kidd over Garnett for his transcendence and brilliance at his position. KG is one of the best PF's of all time, but I think Kidd brought something a bit more special.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If we're considering only the time when these players wore #5, it's Jason Kidd, no contest.

I went off the assumption that we're considering their whole careers, so I voted KG.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Im going to vote for KG when 21 comes up, as #5 he's just slightly better than Josh Smith or Billy 'The Whopper' Paultz (not listed) - meanwhile Jason Kidd was at his New Jersey peak wearing #5

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Well, Garnett was the best player on a championship team in his first season wearing number 5, so he's way better than Smith and the like either way. However, he blew out his knee the next year and has been a different, but still very effective, player ever since.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Pierce had the best Finals performance (yes he did, Marcus) on that Celtics team, but start-to-finish, KG was clearly the best player on that squad. It's why he won the DPOY and was one of the top candidates for MVP.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To avoid any confusion, whenever I do this, it's in regards to when they wore the number only, not the whole career.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm taking players based on the years they wore the number. With that said, I'll take Jason Kidd.

As for competition, wait until No. 6 comes up.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts