Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk about the new generation, who will be the best in the positions in 5 years? Here is my list.

Point Guards
1) Chris Paul
2) Gilbert Arenas
3) Tony Parker
4) Raymond Felton
5) Deron Williams

And there are players such as Hinrich, TJ ford ,luke ridnour and jameer nelson. If OJ Mayo becomes a player like arenas, he will probably on here also

Shooting Guards
1) Dwyane Wade
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Jason Richardson
4) Michael Redd
5) Ben Gordon

If you really think about it, there arent going to be that many high flying wing players left in 5 years. A lot of the people will be in the 30s and will be passed their prime

Small Forwards
1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Andre Krilenko
4) Rashard Lewis
5) Richard Jefferson

Tracy is probably going to be retired by then. But small forward is a position filled with a lot of potential second tier stars such as josh howard, andre igoudala, luol Deng, Tayshaun Prince , boris Diaw, Josh Smith and Joe Johnson. And there are a lot of talented of small forwards coming in the draft within the next 5 years.

Power Forwards
1) Dwight Howard
2) Chris Bosh
3) Amare Stoudemire (with his recent injuries)
4) Charlie Villanueva
5) Gasol

There will probably also be a lot of experience veterans such as Dirk, KG, Marion and jermaine O'Neal. This position probably has the second most depth after the small fowards. Players such as David west , carlos boozer and Nened Kristic also have star potential.

Centers
1) Yao Ming
2) Greg Oden
3) Mehmet Okur
4) Chris Kaman
5) Emeka Okafor

Yao Ming will be the best center although he probably had his prime. They also have players such as Andrew bogut and channing frye who can play both PF and Center.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Liquidturismo said:
Centers
1) Yao Ming
2) Greg Oden
3) Mehmet Okur
4) Chris Kaman
5) Emeka Okafor

Yao Ming will be the best center although he probably had his prime. They also have players such as Andrew bogut and channing frye who can play both PF and Center.
"Had his prime?" Please tell me you were smoking some good stuff and just used the wrong tense.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Channing Frye will be a solid player atleast and good chance of becomming a star, as long as he doesnt stagnate with marbury and francis hogging the ball off him.

Bogut will be a Brad Miller player atleast, and again, can be even be a Mehmet Okur type, basically a multi skilled big man who can do all.... so yeah, a star most likely.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bronx43 said:
"Had his prime?" Please tell me you were smoking some good stuff and just used the wrong tense.
Yao will be 30 in 5 years. I think 30 is past his prime. He is probably about to reach his prime and it will end in 5 years from today. He will start to decline from 30 and on I think. He is just too tall to last that long. It will be a good 5 years though. Probably will average 25/12 next 5 years and after that probably 18/8 or 20/8 for the next 3-4 years.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Liquidturismo said:
Yao will be 30 in 5 years. I think 30 is past his prime. He is probably about to reach his prime and it will end in 5 years from today. He will start to decline from 30 and on I think. He is just too tall to last that long. It will be a good 5 years though. Probably will average 25/12 next 5 years and after that probably 18/8 or 20/8 for the next 3-4 years.
Provided they stay healthy, centers often peak later then guards, sometimes even in their early 30's.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
So does this mean that you think the jazz will be a top team with deron, kirilenko, and okur... I think boozer will be a top 10 PF at least in 5 years. Exactly how I predict the big 4 of the jazz to be. I like it, I like it. Now to be the pistons the jazz just need a good SG.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Boozer will be a good-very good player in 5 years, he wont pull an elton brand all of a sudden.

Kirilenko is good already, he wont elevate much further.

deron williams, has heaps to improve on to even be consider a star, he has potential but a bit dissapointing except lately, he has been shooting well.

Chris paul will pull a Dwyane Wade and explode in the next 2 seasons.... book it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
SlamJam said:
oden will be better than yao
how the hell do u have 700 rep power..if making statements like that are your norm? ur judging a kid who is in hig school right now..has not even gone to college and hasnt even SNIFFED NBA ball, and ur sayign with certainty that he will be better then the center who is avging like 28/12 in his last few games and is heralded as the next best center in the league????

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
adhir1 said:
how the hell do u have 700 rep power..if making statements like that are your norm? ur judging a kid who is in hig school right now..has not even gone to college and hasnt even SNIFFED NBA ball, and ur sayign with certainty that he will be better then the center who is avging like 28/12 in his last few games and is heralded as the next best center in the league????
and i guess the people who said lebron will be the best sf in the league 5 years from when he was in hs were pretty crazy too huh?

·
Registered
311 Posts
adhir1 said:
I would question it as well, but unfortunately the case is that some people on this board possess an over-obsession over their image, so the idea of them creating other accounts to simply 'rep' themselves is not outlandish.

SlamJam, your retort was just as idiotic as your first comment.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Cambridgeshire said:
I would question it as well, but unfortunately the case is that some people on this board possess an over-obsession over their image, so the idea of them creating other accounts to simply 'rep' themselves is not outlandish.

P.S. SlamJam, your retort was just as idiotic as your first comment.
Actually, I was told that there is a thread in personal forums that gives out rep points to whoever posts. But, what good are rep points when everything you type belongs in the ESPN message boards?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Concerning the original poster's list, I agree with it on the most part, if you were basing it solely on current NBA players -which you weren't with the inclusion of Oden. I can pretty much guarantee that within the next 4 years, there will be at least a handful of players, who can come in this league, and immediately take a seat among the greatest; problem is, you can't pinpoint who -going back to LamJam's Oden statement- just like you could not assume that LeBron will turn out the way he did, nor can you presume that Oden will turn out the way that you imagine. Lastly, I don't think that Mehmet Okur will be influential enough to be a top 5 centre; Dwight Howard should will likely make the transition to the centre position, eventually.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.