Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Whos the best right hand guy to use his left ?

• Kobe

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Tmac

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Wade

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • LeBron

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Steve Nash

Votes: 10 31.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Your Humble Homer
11,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos the best right hand guy who can use his left hand just as well?

Of course I'm gonna go with Nash. He had like 5 left hand layups against Golden State(In traffic)

Who do you think is?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
This thread should have just been called who was the best with both hands.. it's not easy for left-handers to learn right hand as well. If it were the way I said it, then I'd say Jason Kidd and Steve Nash currently.

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
Nash, no doubt... he passes with the left a lot, uses both hands very well
Manu also uses both hands very well

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Lebron isn't really right handed. He's ambidextrous. He does everything with both hands.

Gary Payton is also ambidextrous.

So he reallly doesn't belong in this poll.

Of the guys who are actually right handed, probably Kobe has the most developed left hand.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Kobe. He can drive equally well to either side, and can finish better with his left than most can with thier right.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Lebron's a freak with that left hand of his- definitely ambidextrous. Kobe's is great now but it took some major work. Lebron came into the league out of high school with a near perfect left, he just doesn't shoot with it, as there isn't much point.

AI is also has perfect mechanics with either hand. Shot the first half of his 3-point comp with his left; didn't do too well but the mechanics were better than most players'.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've seen Kobe shoot turnarounds and fadeawa lefties, no look left handed sling passes to Shaq on fastbreaks, finish lefty, etc etc. Nuff said!!

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
actually AI does havea good left hand but his shots are dominated by the right. its easy to predict but you cant deflect it because hes the one of the quickest players in the league

i like nash. that dude could probably dribble with his feet and god knows what else if he was allowed to. he is godly with a basketball.

·
Registered
877 Posts
dunno, don't really notice, except for tmac... when he drives to the basket and there is a shotblocker there, he switches to the left and finishes with a dunk or layup, which gives him that microsecond of time to get past the block attempt, which would get blocked if he tried it with the right

isn't ginobili good with both hands as well?

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
TracywtFacy said:
dunno, don't really notice, except for tmac... when he drives to the basket and there is a shotblocker there, he switches to the left and finishes with a dunk or layup, which gives him that microsecond of time to get past the block attempt, which would get blocked if he tried it with the right

isn't ginobili good with both hands as well?
giniboli is good with his right, but is extremely good at making sure he gets to finish with his left.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
kobe can drain 3s with his left hand!! u cant get much better than that

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
SkywalkerAC said:
Lebron's a freak with that left hand of his- definitely ambidextrous. Kobe's is great now but it took some major work. Lebron came into the league out of high school with a near perfect left, he just doesn't shoot with it, as there isn't much point.

He IS ambidextrous. That was the only thing nice Michael Jordan said about Lebron when he was in high school, that Lebron was truly ambidextrous. And in interviews Lebron has talked about how he can do everything with either hand. He can sign his name with either hand. He's not left handed or right handed. I would hazard to guess he's actually a lefty, because my theory is that it's lefties that end up ambidextrous after being forced to live in righties world.

I'm left handed too, but I can do everything I do with my left hand with my right hand, and in fact on some things I prefer my right hand, but my left is just as good.

I think Lebron throws the football lefthanded, for instance. Hits right handed.

I think Michael Vick might be ambidextrous too.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
KobeBryant08 said:
kobe can drain 3s with his left hand!! u cant get much better than that

exactly

i vote for kobe

aside from what have been mentioned, also the fact that he is the one player that I have seen who is really willing to use his lefthand as a weapon from inside to outside, from in the paint to free throws to 3 pointers. I have not seen others do as much as he did IN the game

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
futuristxen said:
He IS ambidextrous. That was the only thing nice Michael Jordan said about Lebron when he was in high school, that Lebron was truly ambidextrous. And in interviews Lebron has talked about how he can do everything with either hand. He can sign his name with either hand. He's not left handed or right handed. I would hazard to guess he's actually a lefty, because my theory is that it's lefties that end up ambidextrous after being forced to live in righties world.

I'm left handed too, but I can do everything I do with my left hand with my right hand, and in fact on some things I prefer my right hand, but my left is just as good.

I think Lebron throws the football lefthanded, for instance. Hits right handed.

I think Michael Vick might be ambidextrous too.
I'm sort of like that. I shoot, bat, throw, kick and do basically everything in sports righty. But I'm a lefty writing, holding a fork, and in other non-athletic activities. But oddly enough, when playing basketball I always want to drive left and my lefty layup is like 10,000x better than my right. Someone said that about JO and Boozer, I think the same is true for me.

BTW Kobe and Nash are the best with both hands.

·
Your Humble Homer
11,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RaptorsCB4 said:
I'm sort of like that. I shoot, bat, throw, kick and do basically everything in sports righty. But I'm a lefty writing, holding a fork, and in other non-athletic activities.

Exactly the same as me. I write and eat left handed.

But I do almost everything else right handed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts