Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Kobe Bryant

Votes: 29 53.7%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2guard position is the most loaded position in the league today. They also produce the most fans. Obviously each one of em' tellin' their guy is the best. So, who's the best?

btw, players like VC, Pierce and even T-mac r listed and called as SF's by a lot of people....but they will be included in this poll.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Kobe hands down. He is very clutch, can score at will, great defender, very athletic and very basketball smart.

One of the people i would build my team around if i was a GM. He can do everything and more.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
i think it goes

1.Tmac
2.Pierce
3.Kobe
4.Iverson
5.VC
and please laker fans dont tell me im stupid for having pierce over kobe i just think if you switched kobe and pierces places pierce would be putting up better #'s then kobe and the celtics would be nowhere near the playoffs

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
The Lakers would NOT have 3 titles if they had Pierce instead of Kobe. Pierce is a ball hog, plain and simple. Shaq would have probably stomped Pierce if they were on the same team. Did you see this guy in the worlds? He had the ball 90% of every game. Im tired of the Lakers winning but the truth is, Kobe and TMac are the best in the L. I cant choose one so they're tied. I would put Vince infront of Pierce and AI under him

·
Registered
570 Posts
Originally posted by <b>celticsrule0873</b>!
i think it goes

1.Tmac
2.Pierce
3.Kobe
4.Iverson
5.VC
and please laker fans dont tell em im stupid for having pierce over kobe i just think if you switched kobe and pierces places pierce would be putting up better #'s then kobe and the celtics would be nowhere near the playoffs
If they switched places, Pierce's numbers would drop dramatically. Unless you feel he's going to be a first option and Shaq would be a second option. :uhoh:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
pierce isnt a ball hog in the WC's the whole usa teak were scared to shoot the centers were missing layups, the guards were missing easy jumpers and pierce was the only player who even wanted the ball and anyway pierce had the most assists on the team besides the point guards and i think most people would agree with me when i say that shaq and pretty much any allstar guard or small forward could win 3 nba titles as long as shaq was healthy

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Dang, Ray Allen didn't make the list. Oh well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
The Lakers would NOT have 3 titles if they had Pierce instead of Kobe. Pierce is a ball hog, plain and simple. Shaq would have probably stomped Pierce if they were on the same team. Did you see this guy in the worlds? He had the ball 90% of every game. Im tired of the Lakers winning but the truth is, Kobe and TMac are the best in the L. I cant choose one so they're tied. I would put Vince infront of Pierce and AI under him
Who else is going to score on the Celtics besides him and Walker, so on his team he pretty much has to be a ball hog it's his role.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Kobe is the best SG in the NBA right now. He is the heart of the team. He's proved it, A young leader, He can make the clutch baskets, He will take over the game down the stretch, Has lead his team to 3 championships. Tough Defender and Creative on Offense :D

As voted by the GM's - NBA.com

Who is the NBA's best shooting guard?
Kobe Bryant - 92.3%
Michael Jordan - 3.8%
*Paul Pierce - 3.8%

Who is the NBA's best small forward?
Tracy McGrady - 65.4%
*Kevin Garnett - 19.2%
*Paul Pierce - 7.7%
*Dirk Nowitzki - 3.8%
Predrag Stojakovic - 3.8%

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
the question is then, could the lakers have won with paul pierce in place of kobe.
i think they could have easily still won three championships (with the PP of today) but would be slightly worse off than with kobe.
i don't know if kobe is the a good enough of a long range shooter to be considered the best sg. however, his top comp (tmac) also needs to improve his shot (as he has done in the past) to gain any ground on kobe. i'm thinking pierce and vince are the best shooting (nba) sg's.
i think it's pretty ridiculous that the gms didn't include VC in their most exciting to watch list. he didn't really play last season but i still expect nba gm's to know better.
btw, i'd have kobe over any other shooting guard in the league for THIS season. i personally think that kobe's supporting cast without shaq may be the weakest in the league but he should carry them to a decent record.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
also, i don't think that this year's mj should rank above AI, VC, or Tmac. i love the greatest but i would take these other players above mj. don't get me wrong, he is the ultimate piece to the puzzle even now but the best can't be overlooked.
who will score more points in the season opener, VC or MJ?
who will average more points for the season?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
1.Kobe
2.T-Mac
3.Pierce
4.Vince
5.Iverson

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
1. Paul Pierce
2. Vince Carter

3a. Allen Iverson
3b. Kobe
3c. Tmac
3d. Jalen Rose
3e. Reggie Miller
3f. Ray Allen

After Paul and Vince it gets too tight to call.

Best doensn't mean "flashiest." Remember that.
Rose, Iverson, Carter, Pierce & Miller have PROVEN they lead a team far better then Kobe & Tmac have ever shown they can. For me, that's the most important criteria is being the "Best."
Though Kobe & Tmac are young and have time to change that.
Ray Allen is just a pimp. Way Underrated.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
"Rose, Iverson, Carter, Pierce, and Miller have PROVEN (???) they lead a team better than..."

Rose - a PG in a SF body who has whined incessantly that he should always have the ball in his hands and has been traded several times due to his selfishness
Iverson - great player but doesn't practice and argues constantly with his coach

Carter - another great talent but dogs it on defense

Pierce - an experienced veteran of three playoff rounds, he mouthed that "No one can stop me," and then proceeded to disappear in the biggest game of his life

These players are great leaders?

·
Registered
39 Posts
as much as i hate to admitt it Kobe is unstoppable and easily the best shooting guard in the L.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm with Wilt the Stilt on this one, for sure...

1. Kobe
2. T-Mac
3. Pierce
4. VC
5. Iverson

(If your list doesn't look like that, then it is wrong!)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I actually hate the Lakers but to say that Paul Pierce is better than Kobe is just foolish.

Hitman

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Until Kobe leads a Shaq-less team anywhere... It's pretty tough to say how good he is.

I'm kinda looking forward to this first part of the season. We'll see what he's truly made of...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jim Ian</b>!
Until Kobe leads a Shaq-less team anywhere... It's pretty tough to say how good he is.

I'm kinda looking forward to this first part of the season. We'll see what he's truly made of...
Kobe's numbers without Shaq for the last 2 years: 30-7-5

You can look forward to the 1st part of this season in which Kobe will put up big numbers like expected and then you will find another excuse to hate on Kobe, like "he couldn't lead a $37 million team to an NBA title" or something similar.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't know abt the last 2 years but Kobe averaged 28(44% shooting) 6 and 6 last year without Shaq. Those r very impressive numbers but the 7-8 record during that span backfires.

It's safe to say that Kobe Bryant is a great player, with or without shaq. But leading a team(meaning being the best player on the team) to gr8 heights is an entirely differen't thing. When u r expected to be the man every night, carry the load, be a leader......now that's where we don't know how Kobe's gonna respond. That's why it's still to early to put him in the category of the likes of Shaq or Duncan, but u still can't take away what he has already accomplished. Gr8 all round numbers and 3 rings.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts